cheap-ish technics

BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
1200/1210: What's the best place/price in NYC? Used/refurbed preferable.Since Friday 3 people asked me where to get them from. Like I'm some sort of bric-a-brac freak who hangs out in a lockup selling dusty records and furniture. Oh, hang on...

Comments

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    1200/1210: What's the best place/price in NC?[/b] New/like new[/b] preferable.

*I'm not joking, and cheapest new price online would be good for some local price matching, too

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts

Admin!!!!

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    craigslist. Any shop is gonna cost you.

But then, I heard guitar center was blowing them out at cost ($350)... probably won't do much better than that with used decks.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts

yeah you can score on craigslist. unfortunately, you gotta camp out there all day to score big. and occasionally 1200's will show up in junk shops, but then you gotta be a little handy to know how to fix 'em up.

for new, depending on how sharp your haggle is, go down to Canal St. i myself am not into the scene there, as a lotta those guys down there are pure snake oil salesmen...

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I just phoned my local Gtr Center and they've got $399.99 on theirs, which is still a damn good deal

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts

yeah you can score on craigslist. unfortunately, you gotta camp out there all day to score big. and occasionally 1200's will show up in junk shops, but then you gotta be a little handy to know how to fix 'em up.

for new, depending on how sharp your haggle is, go down to Canal St. i myself am not into the scene there, as a lotta those guys down there are pure snake oil salesmen...

Cool, thanks for the inputs. Sounds like new is as reasonable as used.

Now, what is a turntable you would recommend to all the people who come in look at records and then say Oh, I don't have a record player.... If anyone has a line on used technics etc hi-fi decks, I think I could shift quite a few here in Williamsboro. The iPod backlash has begun.

Once they graduate from my dollar bins, I'll send em over to Good!