T-Pain vs Vocoder.

Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
edited October 2008 in Strut Central
object width="464" height="388" classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000"1param name="movie" value="http://www2.funnyordie.com/public/flash/fodplayer.swf" /1param name="flashvars" value="key=86a76df842" /1param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /1embed width="464" height="388" flashvars="key=86a76df842" allowfullscreen="true" quality="high" src="http://www2.funnyordie.com/public/flash/fodplayer.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"1/embed1/object1div style="text-align:center;width: 464px;"1See more a href="http://www.funnyordie.com/t_pain"1T-Pain/a1 videos at Funny or Die/div1

Comments

• Does anyone else have that one friend who, whenever something T-Pain-related comes up, you're like, "Oh shit, I gotta send this to ______". img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yaoming.gif" alt="" /1b,121b,121Cause I do. And I need to send him this video.

• selperfugeselperfuge 1,165 Posts
    v. v. funny

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    Pretty good

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    That is pretty funny. I'm glad the engineer was ok. T-Pain was disturbingly unconcerned with his incident. b,121b,121I need to check that Akon & T-Pain Butternut reduction one again. That shit was good too.

• /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121I'm glad the engineer was ok. T-Pain was disturbingly unconcerned with his incident.
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121LOL

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    1) That was a tape machineb,1212) T-Pain mocks the vocoder and he uses Auto-Tuneb,1213) Only the true geeks would care about eitherb,121b,121Now I can see a bunch of kids going to garage sales put on by old recording engineers in California, and while you have the gearheads going all googee, the young kids will look at it and go "oh filstein, this is a vocoder".b,121b,121Yeah, now here's a big clear rubber tube.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    IMO both T-Pain songs on the radio right now (Can't Believe It with Lil Wayne & Chopped and Screwed with Ludacris) are top notch. img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/green30sv.gif" alt="" /1

• /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121IMO both T-Pain songs on the radio right now (Can't Believe It with Lil Wayne & Chopped and Screwed with Ludacris) are top notch.
    img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/green30sv.gif" alt="" /1
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ehh.gif" alt="" /1 b,121b,121I like em, but I wouldn't go so far as "top notch"

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Can you tell a difference between t-pain and akon is somebody doesn't tell you who they are? Thats just a general question not directed at anybody in particular.b,121b,121I wonder if you held a blind taste test like 80s pepsi commercials how many people would be able to tell one from the other.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121Can you tell a difference between t-pain and akon is somebody doesn't tell you who they are? Thats just a general question not directed at anybody in particular.
    b,121
    b,121I wonder if you held a blind taste test like 80s pepsi commercials how many people would be able to tell one from the other.
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121I firmly believe the guy responsible for the current phenomenon is the same guy who did all of the guitar solos on "Melrose Place".

• /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121Can you tell a difference between t-pain and akon is somebody doesn't tell you who they are? Thats just a general question not directed at anybody in particular.
    b,121
    b,121I wonder if you held a blind taste test like 80s pepsi commercials how many people would be able to tell one from the other.
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121yes. I can tell the difference. I actually like T-Pain. I respect him for what he's doing. People like to play the whole "he can't sing, it's all auto tune, he sounds like a robot" thing and it's generally people who probably haven't listened to his music at all. I'm not saying he's making some groundbreaking shit and I would never try to convince someone that it's something they need to hear, but I really respect his work ethic. He writes and produces his own stuff, he's on every single song on the radio, and he can poke fun at himself and seem like a fairly normal dude. He must be making millions. Millions. For what it is, I think he makes some pretty good shit. It's fun music.b,121b,121Maybe being on every song on the radio is something that makes someone wack or annoying, but isn't that the whole reason people make music. They want people to hear it. This dude is just doing exactly what he does and is completely dominating music. He's even got Jay-Z embarassing himself, trying to get a little T-Pain of his own. He could be making the worst shit ever and i'd still have a little bit of "ha ha, that guy is amazing" just thinking about his ascap checks.b,121b,121I've never tried, but I am pretty sure I could tell the difference between pepsi and coke without a problem. img src="http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/5175/wiscansinud8.jpg"1