Locked Out Of The House Unappreciation Thread.

Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
edited September 2008 in Strut Central
If you ever decide to shake out your shoeshine rag on the patio at midnight, I strongly suggest that you either a) unlock the front door first, b) keep your keys in your pocket or c) make sure that the foot you intended to keep partially in the house to stop the door from closing is actually IN the house and not an 1/8th of inch OUTSIDE of the house.b,121b,121It is probably a good idea to have a pair of slippers or shoes on and maybe you shouldn't leave your cellphone charging in the bedroom either. Also, super duper "ain't NOBODY breaking in my house again" window locks are usually not your best friend at this point. Sleep pants are, though. A Mexican in boxers after midnight = instant deportation. Thank God for my foresight.b,121b,121Just some friendly words of advice from your Uncle Herm, who now has pebbles and desert stickers embedded in his feet and a broken bedroom window that whistles gentle tee-hee's and whispers of "dumb ass" when the Arizona breeze blows through it.b,121b,121Goodnight and sleep well, my pretties.

Comments

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    i used to lock myself out of the house at least once a month

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/oof.gif" alt="" /1 b/w img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/know.gif" alt="" /1

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    Las time this happened to me I had to sleep in the Bank close to my house. It was like -20 celsius and it was about 3 am. b,121b,121b,121 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hi.gif" alt="" /1

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• did something like that on the way to a gig - twice. first time left the keys sitting on the counter and the door locked behind me. second time it was like 12 below zero and i somehow hit the lock button on my truck door before closing the door to scrape off the windows. so there i am, truck running and locked out of house and car (the second time i locked myself out of a running car)! luckily i had my phone so the landlord sent his kid (to the wrong address first) to get at the spare keys he had on the premises. i was also lucky to have a spare key to the truck in my apartment.b,121b,121oh yeah, then right after i got a cat, i shut the door to the basement to go do laundry and keep him out. well, that door has to be unlocked on the handle or... yup, stuck in the basement. that time i was lucky enough to have the foresight to hide a key in my garage. so i just popped out the basement door and i was back inside kicking my cat in no time.b,121b,121you're not alone! too bad you had to break a window to get back in though.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121If you ever decide to shake out your shoeshine rag on the patio at midnight, I strongly suggest that you either a) unlock the front door first, b) keep your keys in your pocket or c) make sure that the foot you intended to keep partially in the house to stop the door from closing is actually IN the house and not an 1/8th of inch OUTSIDE of the house.
    b,121
    b,121It is probably a good idea to have a pair of slippers or shoes on and maybe you shouldn't leave your cellphone charging in the bedroom either. Also, super duper "ain't NOBODY breaking in my house again" window locks are usually not your best friend at this point. Sleep pants are, though. A Mexican in boxers after midnight = instant deportation. Thank God for my foresight.
    b,121
    b,121Just some friendly words of advice from your Uncle Herm, who now has pebbles and desert stickers embedded in his feet and a broken bedroom window that whistles gentle tee-hee's and whispers of "dumb ass" when the Arizona breeze blows through it.
    b,121
    b,121Goodnight and sleep well, my pretties.
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121You sound single. img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif" alt="" /1

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    i locked myself out of the house in high school once. i didnt have a cell phone at the time and my mother wasnt home!! i had to climb into a bathroom window located near the front porch. upon doing so a police officer passed and pulled up lights flashing. he drew is gun and ordered me onto floor. i told him i live there and he yelled "shut the F*ck up"b,121b,121after handcuffing me and removing my wallet from my pocket and realizing that i wasnt lying he helped me through the window!

• I hope you took your wallet out slowly.

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121I hope you took your wallet out slowly.
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121he took it out

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    b,121one time i was housesitting for a friend in his half-gentrified building on the edge of Chinatown/LES... i ordered pizza and when i opened the door to let the guy in, my boy's cat ran out of the APT... like a dumbass, i ran after it, and the door slams behind me...b,121b,121i have pants and a t-shirt on, no wallet, no keys (well, i had the keys to my own APT, but not his), no cell, and 18 dollars in one hand (the pizza was 21) and a cat in the other... i was picturing myself taking a cab to my place in queens with no shoes on and a cat in my hand...b,121b,121 i was trying to give the pizza guy the 18 dollars just to get him out of my hair... which he wouldn't take... he got on the phone to his boss... while this was happening, i remembered i had just opened up the bars on the bedroom window a half hour earlier... so, i ran up to the roof (had to open the fire alarm door) with the cat in my arms and scurried down the fire escape and slid the screen up and climbed in... threw the cat on the bed, grabbed 5 bucks for the pizza guy, got the pizza, and ate it while listening to the alarm from the roof door ring for the next 7 hours...

• I locked myself out when I lived in Berkeley. My roommates had just left for the weekend. I casually closed the door and realized seconds later what I had done. I freaked out, but got over quickly when I realized how easy it was to break into my apartment. We had those glass shutter things that seem to be common in apartments and vacation spots. They were right next to my front door and all I had to do was pull up a piece of metal, remove a pane of glass, and reach inside and unlock the door. b,121b,121I was geeked to get inside, but I spent the next few days worrying about how easy it was to break into my apartment.

• C7, that is an amazing avatar you have.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121C7, that is an amazing avatar you have.
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121I was just about to say the same thing!!!b,121b,121That pic made me shiver with joy. Literally.

• this guy and epanadamn's rolling panda are like the happiest animals on the planet.