AP ON NICK DRAKE (PM BLAST FOR FUN, RR?)

mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
"the drake man is played on the WB and shit. one tree hill. i heard them sh*ts up in the gap and sh*t"

more wisdom nuggets, plaese

thx

PS: you on blast now

oh yah, they really used Linda Perhacs on gimore girls, saying

WB has sensitive music direction, AP got turd knowledge on raers for dayz

Comments

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    It was all Volkswagon's doing.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    more gems from the bald hippie man:

"i heard private issue madness on george michaels sports machine."

• word to yer mutha.

shits be flying of the shelves faster than harry potter and shit.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Yo, I heard Wizards at McDonalds and Peaceful Solutions at Starbucks. Things are gettin serious.

• holla

Yo, I heard Wizards at McDonalds and Peaceful Solutions at Starbucks. Things are gettin serious.

I'M LOVIN' IT!

Also I heard Michael Franks in a target bathroom once.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I heard "Baker Street" at Wendy's last night, and I could swear they were playing "Year of the Cat" at Barnes & Noble today...what gives?

MADD ECONO

"the drake man is played on the WB and shit. one tree hill. i heard them sh*ts up in the gap and sh*t"

more wisdom nuggets, plaese

thx

PS: you on blast now

oh yah, they really used Linda Perhacs on gimore girls, saying

WB has sensitive music direction, AP got turd knowledge on raers for dayz
    Why is AP watching One Tree Hill is the real question here.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

Was he on the other end of the glory hole?

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts

yep. and brad pitts..

Was he on the other end of the glory hole?

Yeah, he was grunting a lot. Didn't really sound like one of his songs.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    Taco Bell drops Manu Dibango in their joints.

"Gimme two Makossa Crunchwrap Supremes."

• DCarfagnaDCarfagna 983 Posts

Half-watched fucking Fever Pitch on the plane back from Portland and there was a long tracking shot of Fenway Park while "Northern Sky" played.
    Terrible movie + terrible decision making = reduction of things once magical.

• Half-watched fucking Fever Pitch on the plane back from Portland and there was a long tracking shot of Fenway Park while "Northern Sky" played.

= some hack heard 'One of These Things First' in Garden State - That guy heard 'Pink Moon' in the VW commercial= The soft velvety sound of Nick Drake turning over in his grave...

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

Half-watched fucking Fever Pitch on the plane back from Portland and there was a long tracking shot of Fenway Park while "Northern Sky" played.

I didn't mind Northern Sky being used in Serendipity tho.

I sometimes wonder what other brilliance would have come out of this guy if he didn't die so young.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts

you can say that same ish about Nissan using The Stooges 'T.V. Eye' (aka Tw** Vision Eye) for a car commercial featuring rock climbing

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

You copped the headphones? Oh, doctor. Doesn't sound like "half-watching" to me.

On a quasi-related note (file under "saving face"): I was half-watching some romantic dramedy (starring Ed Norton and, I believe, uh, Jenna Elfman) that featured The Heart of Saturday Night on the obligatory city flyover intro and then began a sheer descent into hell. The things we fellas do for girls.

You copped the headphones? Oh, doctor. Doesn't sound like "half-watching" to me.

just plug in your earbuds when they're not looking
    most times this has worked for me
    they can't say sh*t

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

you can say that same ish about Nissan using The Stooges 'T.V. Eye' (aka Tw** Vision Eye) for a car commercial featuring rock climbing

Or "Lust for Life" for a cruise line commercial.

• DCarfagnaDCarfagna 983 Posts
    The earphones were already in the pouch in front of me, dun. Apparently United doesn't "rent" the headphones. To save face, on the way out to Portland the movie was Miss Congeniality 2 and I DIDN'T don the sound shitters.

Testing friendly gangsta in the '05 Chi-Africa summer?
    Fuck up and wind up on the news!

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    The earphones were already in the pouch in front of me, dun. Apparently United doesn't "rent" the headphones. To save face, on the way out to Portland the movie was Miss Congeniality 2 and I DIDN'T don the sound shitters.

Testing friendly gangsta in the '05 Chi-Africa summer?
    Fuck up and wind up on the news!

GROWN MAN STRANGLED TO DEATH WITH OWN DREDLOCKS
    Police find suspicious can opener at crime scene

Incidently: Yesterday, Tropic World at Brookfield Zoo was noticably cooler than the out-of-doors. But smellier. Word is bond.