Sonny Linda Sharrock - Paradise

SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
Any heads know the deal with this? I just saw it on an Atlantic inner sleeve, and don't remember ever seeing/noticing it "in the field" before. 1975 on Atco - curious if anyone has it to know the sound, and if it's raer or easy to find...

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Ok, thanks, Rey - sometimes I'm more curious what people on here think of an album than what Amazon.com says, you know? Hope I didn't take up too much bandwith with my frivolous inquiry.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    I just meant you can listen to it there since you asked about "the sound."

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    oh, my bad - sorry.

thanks.

please ignore my jumpy nerves, it's been a long weekend.

Would still be curious to hear a strutter review if anyone owns it.

• roistoroisto 879 Posts
    What you need is Sonny's (and Linda's) Black Woman LP. Paradise pales in comparison.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    Paradise has some 'funky' 70's type elements, Black Woman is a far better record, but it's pretty 'out there' & might scare those whose tolerance for 'free jazz' is low.

Linda really wails on Black Woman, it's beyond orgasmic - like she's being fucked by God...

---

• roistoroisto 879 Posts
    it's beyond orgasmic - like she's being fucked by God...

• nickjnickj 53 Posts
    Sounds like Sonny agrees (here)

"...and then the next record was in '75, Paradise, for Atlantic... not a good album. We used a bunch of young cats, it's not their fault that it wasn't a good album, but it's my fault because I couldn't really put the direction together. There was to be another album for Atlantic two years later, but it got scuttled before we got to the studio, and I think it would have been generally the same as Paradise, so it's no big loss... Black Woman was very clear, the focus was extremely clear