Debate Prep

SaracenusSaracenus 671 Posts
edited September 2008 in Strut Central
Welp, here is my prediction for Friday. b,121b,121With the polls going south for John McCain and the economy killing his chances to become President we are going to see McCain using both foreign policy barrels on Obama. He has to instill doubt in the public's mind on whether Obama can be Commander-In-Chief or he is done. All Obama has to do is show basic competence in foreign affairs and it is game over.b,121b,121Obvious? Yep. But I think McCain is going to overreach on this and come across as unhinged and out of touch as he has been during this economic crisis. As George Will put it:b,121b,121"Under the pressure of the financial crisis, one presidential candidate is behaving like a flustered rookie playing in a league too high. It is not Barack Obama." b,121b,121This debate covers McCain's area of expertise and if he is not in control of the topic and more importantly himself he is going to complete the circuit that will fry his chances at the Whitehouse.

Comments

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    Given the foriegn policy angle for this debate, I suspect within the first 5 minutes McCain will harp on Obama's claim that the surge didn't work. I assume he will drag this issue out throughout the debate.b,121b,121It's the only strong claim McCain has left in his cards where Obama was for a while on the wrong side of majority public opinion

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    McCain is crewed on the economy having gaffed all the way into septemberb,121b,121Foreign Policy would be his strong point but his hardline strategy will be questionned by baracks diplomatic apporachb,121b,121lack of experience and commander in chief will fail because of Biden and Palin beeing the comparative pointb,121b,121Economy dominates this week...this warmup debate wont be the only focusb,121b,121Barack orator skills and yes zingners anihalate mccain that has to fight his nerves and angerb,121b,121interesting game of chess will unfold

• Well, evidently I didn't inherit the Nostrodomus gene and my powers of foresight sux.b,121b,121Evidently McRunAway saw that both barrels loaded for foreign policy were not going to do it, instead he made a "tactical redeployment" from the battlefield.b,121b,121His campaign is definitely crafty and he continues to surprise. b,121b,121img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icallbullshit.gif" alt="" 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/weaksauce.gif" alt="" 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nagl2.gif" alt="" 21