you ever lose an expensive azz record in the mail?

Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
edited September 2008 in Strut Central
i may have just lost two ($900 worth of vinyl). package was suppossedly sent to japan by registered mail over a month ago, dude emails me yesterday like "yo, where my records at?" i check the tracking and i'm getting "package is being prepared at point of origin" or some schitt. WTF???? I'm bout to go to the P.O. to get some answers later this morning - if you don't hear from me again on this forum it probably means i have been locked up for breaking my leg off in a postal employee's backside. wish me luck img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icegrill.gif" alt="" 21

Comments

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    The only time I've ever had a record go "lost" was here in the States. Either dude was runningb,121a scam or it got stolen off his porch. Wasn't nearly worth $900 though. Good luck.b,121Stay calm at the PO if you go Supefly TNT on'em they will stonewall you like muhfugga.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    You'll be fine, sometimes it takes a long time to ship to Japan.. the fact that you have registered mail will help prevent you from getting fucked over because you can prove where the package is.b,121b,121Tell dude to be as patient as a bloodthirsty japanese disco collector can be.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121i may have just lost two ($900 worth of vinyl). package was suppossedly sent to japan by registered mail over a month ago, dude emails me yesterday like "yo, where my records at?" i check the tracking and i'm getting "package is being prepared at point of origin" or some schitt. WTF???? I'm bout to go to the P.O. to get some answers later this morning - if you don't hear from me again on this forum it probably means i have been locked up for breaking my leg off in a postal employee's backside. wish me luck img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icegrill.gif" alt="" 21 b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121I'm at a point where I spring extra out of pocket to ship FedEx if the value of the record is $$$$. Fusk any country's postal system. the failure rate is mad high and I hear way too many stories of seller's being ass out with chargebacks. I have been shipping FedEx overseas with my job for 8 years now and no package has ever been lost (cue Fedex hattuers)

• I lost a $100 record sent to Boston from NY - postal service said they accidentally sent it to Binghamton, never seen or heard from again.b,121b,121Most recently a package sent to me was left inside my gate because we were closed that day. You could easily fish a record mailer out from behind my gate, which is made up of accordion-style slats. Of course, it was gone when I arrived the following morning.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Sometime circa 1990 I sent over $3 grand's worth of stuff in one packet by personal courier to a well known groovy SF vinyl merchant.b,121The messenger dude later confessed that he reached the shop on a Sunday morning at 6am, and left the package outside the door.b,121b,121I claimed it all back on the courier's insurance, but what a waste of prime vinyl.b,121b,121If any SF strutter hit paydirt sometime around then, now you know where it came from.......

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,785 Posts
    b,121Ouch.

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    i dug through a collection of stuff lost in the mail that i guy i know won at a postal auction in Georgia!b,121b,121it was weird seeing what people sent to other people

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121i dug through a collection of stuff lost in the mail that i guy i know won at a postal auction in Georgia!b,121b,121it was weird seeing what people sent to other people b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121Georgia Postal auctions you see alot of shit!

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121/font1Quote:/font1h,121b,121i dug through a collection of stuff lost in the mail that i guy i know won at a postal auction in Georgia!b,121b,121it was weird seeing what people sent to other people b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121Georgia Postal auctions you see alot of shit! b,121b,121h,121font class="post"1b,121b,121yea i still got tons to go through. all over the place.

• About 5 years ago I mailed out a raer disco 12" that I sold to Dj Duke for 3 or 400 bucks. He paid w/ Paypal..but I was told the record never arrived. We waited another week or two to see if it popped up, but nothing. I refunded his money and figured I just lost a hard to find record. About 8-10 months later, I get an email from dude that bought it saying the record just showed up(still in mint condition) and he wanted to pay me for it. Luckily, he is a good dude and hit me up..because he could have easily just taken the record and never contacted me again.

• Never lost a thing shipping. When it takes a long time to get overseas, I send the buyer the customs number and tell them to check with their customs office. Usually caught up there.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    I kept reading the thread title as "In the Mall[/b]" and kept thinking "how'd that happen?"

• good news, i didn't have to let off a couple like the Beatnuts at the p.o. this AM... dude at the counter was extra helpful and tracked the missing package in Japan, most probably stuck in customs. so i gave the buyer all pertinent info (reg. mail #, customs form # and receptacle ID #) and hopefully that'll be enough for him to find it. that's some schitt that will have you petro for a minute, though... i always sweat everytime i mail out some high priced vinyl, especially overseas img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yaoming.gif" alt="" 21

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121Sometime circa 1990 I sent over $3 grand's worth of stuff in one packet by personal courier to a well known groovy SF vinyl merchant.b,121The messenger dude later confessed that he reached the shop on a Sunday morning at 6am, and left the package outside the door.b,121b,121I claimed it all back on the courier's insurance, but what a waste of prime vinyl.b,121b,121If any SF strutter hit paydirt sometime around then, now you know where it came from....... b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121Haight is definitely not a place to leave anything laying around (food, records, grab-ables).

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121/font1Quote:/font1h,121b,121Sometime circa 1990 I sent over $3 grand's worth of stuff in one packet by personal courier to a well known groovy SF vinyl merchant.b,121The messenger dude later confessed that he reached the shop on a Sunday morning at 6am, and left the package outside the door.b,121b,121I claimed it all back on the courier's insurance, but what a waste of prime vinyl.b,121b,121If any SF strutter hit paydirt sometime around then, now you know where it came from....... b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121Haight is definitely not a place to leave anything laying around (food, records, grab-ables). b,121b,121h,121font class="post"1b,121b,121It was probably nicked by that hippy acid casualty who'd pester you with "Don' choo got no smokes?".b,121Anyway I hope someone got some bargains at a flea market somewhere. It would be killing to think those records got trashed.