New Mix - Genius: The Sound Of Raphael Saadiq

CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited September 2008 in Strut Central
In commemoration of the release of Raphael Saadiq's latest album a href="http://www.amazon.com/Way-I-See-Raphael-Saadiq/dp/B001CY2EL6/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1221857620&sr=8-1" target="_blank"1"The Way I See It"/a1 I'm pleased to announce the release of my brand new CD...b,121b,121b1a href="http://www.cosmobaker.com/store.html" target="_blank"1Cosmo Baker Presents "Genius: The Sound Of Raphael Saadiq"/a1/b1b,121b,121img src="http://www.cosmobaker.com/images/RaphaelGeniusThumb.jpg"1b,121b,121I'm from Philly and of course you know us folks from the 215 have a rich history in soul music. On top of that, Philly was one of the epicenters of the great "neo soul" movement of the 90s and beyond. Of course Raphael embodies all of that, so of course when I had the opportunity to work with material from someone who I consider one of the greatest living artists today in the world, I jumped at the chance. b,121b,121When I was talking to The God Rehani and I was telling him about this mix and about Raphael's new album he was incredible enthusiastic. And, as someone who has worked with him on music, the first words that came out of his mouth were "Genius. That man is a genius." At the time I had been struggling with coming up with a title for the mix, but the term "genius" immediately struck a chord with me. I also had been struggling on how to actually make the mix considering that there's so much material out there that the man had his hands directly on. What to include, what to cut, the decisions were excruciating, and if it were up to me I would have made this a 5 CD box set and still wouldn't have had enough space to include everything.b,121b,121This mix is a representation of Raphael Saadiq's sound - from the early days of Tony! Toni! Ton??! through his solo work and the neo-soul era, to his latest endeavors - including music from his latest album. Solo records, collaborations, guest appearances, productions, remixes, exclusives and more... I hope I did Raphael some justice.b,121b,121[i]Tracklist:b,121Charlie Ray Introb,121Raphael Saadiq "Still Ray"b,121Erykah Badu "Love Of My Life (An Ode To Hip-Hop" feat. Commonb,121Raphael Saadiq "Never Give You Up" feat. Stevie Wonderb,121Earth, Wind & Fire "Work It Out"b,121Joss Stone "Music" feat. Lauryn Hillb,121Devin The Dude "Just A Man" feat. Raphael Saadiqb,121Lucy Pearl "Without You" (J Dilla Remix #2)b,121Kelis "Marathon"b,121Raphael Saadiq "I Want You Back" feat. Teedra Mosesb,121Raphael Saadiq "I Want You Back" feat. Teedra Moses (DJ B.Cause Remix)b,121The Roots "What They Do" feat. Raphael Saadiqb,121A Tribe Called Quest" Stressed Out" (Raphael Saadiq Remix)b,121Bizarre "Coming Home" feat. Raphael Saadiq & Kunivab,121Raphael Saadiq "Body Parts"b,121DJ Quik "Well" feat. Raphael Saadiq & Mausbergb,121Joss Stone "Proper Nice"b,121Raphael Saadiq "Get Involved" feat. Q-Tipb,121Raphael Saadiq "Skyy, Can You Feel Me" feat. Rosie Kaye (Yam Who's Spiritual Rework)b,121Nappy Roots "Leave This Morning" feat. Raphael Saadiqb,121Raphael Saadiq "Big Easy"b,121Tony! Toni! Tone! "Let's Get Down" feat. DJ Quikb,121Raphael Saadiq "Detroit Girl"b,121Amp Fiddler "Faith"b,121Lucy Pearl "Don't Mess With My Man"b,121Raphael Saadiq "100 Yard Dash"b,121Raphael Saadiq "Faithful" (Disoriental Remix)b,121Mashonda "Ask Of You" feat. Raphael Saadiqb,121Raphael Saadiq "Ask Of You"b,121Real Live "All I Ask Of You (Commin' Thru)"b,121Raphael Saadiq "Be Here" feat. D'Angelob,121Total "Kissin' You"b,121Snoop Dogg "Waste Of Time" feat. Raphael Saadiqb,121Jaguar Wright "Free" feat. Freewayb,121D'angelo "Lady"b,121Tony! Toni! Tone! "Whatever You Want"b,121Raphael Saadiq "Oh Girl"/i1b,121b,121b1a href="http://www.cosmobaker.com/store.html" target="_blank"1The mix can be copped here/a1/b1. Thank you for your support!

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/breakface.gif" alt="" 21

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Bumping this up for the weekly crowd. Thanks to everyone who has copped already.