FREE Recording program (mixing down for MACS)?

Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
edited September 2008 in Strut Central
SUP:b,121b,121I got tech. question number 2-048203984023948324 for you guys. I just did a mix1and I need to turn it in ASAP. I need to even out the overall1levels of this mix, but since I did it on a digi-8 track I'm going to need a program. What do you guys recomend? img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tunes.gif" alt="" 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/badassbuddy_com-mp3jammin.gif" alt="" 21

Comments

• If you need to mix, I'd use Garageband. Then do a quick editing/mastering with Audacity.

• Scratch Garageband if you're just dealing with a DJ mix1(2 channels). Maybe just compress & edit it in Audacity.

• try Garageband, for your use it might work pretty well, make sure when you create a new "real instrument" track that you turn "monitor" on from the drop down menu on the right, it should have your audio input selected by defaul. From there you can EQ, trim etc (hit the "details"1arrow for effects), export it to iTunes (Share menu), burn a CD or convert it to MP3..b,121That or Sound Studio if you can find a serial for it (http://www.serialz.to/serialbox.html).b,121Hope this helps...

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    If its just a matter of some stuff being slightly louder than other stuff you can normalize and save yourself the work.b,121b,121I've never used garageband, but there should be a normalizing option, if not try google and find a freeware plugin.