whadyathink?

bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
i have this track that i think is finished, but i wanna know what you guys think first. its this band im playing drums for and recording.strutter ears =

Comments

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    not really my thing but its cool.
    i really like the stuff from 2:14 on...
    i'd like to hear more of just the bass before that guitar comes in...the guitars dominate the track and aren't really that interesting in my opinion except for the breakdowns.
    and i'd definitely like to hear the drums higher in the mix too.

my 2 cents.
    grew on me on 2nd listen

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    thanks man.. definitly agree on the drums and the gitar. i dont think the song structure is gonna change that much, but the levels for sure. anybody else?

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    The snare sounds like a bass drum. I don't like snare sounds like that. Honestly, I'd change my snare.
    That track needs a loud drum. The drum pattern is a bit boring too.

I agree on the guitars. A little too loud for what they are.

Obverall, the track is very nice, but the singing could be better. I like her voice, but she needs more energy. I understand that the singing is not supposed to sound happy or powerful, but she could be either cooler or more angry.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    Not my thing but I could see how there would be an audience for it. I could see it as a Scream soundtrack song.

Louder drums, quieter guitar, louder vocals.

And where's the open breaks son?

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts

And where's the open breaks son?

ha.. i wish.. im more of a session drummer on this. gonna make some changes tonight. thanks for lending the ears