Sydney Digs

llmod1llmod1 317 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
About to leave Sydney for Bangkok, got a couple of hours to kill so I thought I'd bore you all with the records I've found here!Had a great 4 days here. Sydney really is one of my favourite cities in the world. managed to meet some more Vultures and Strutters. Rolex Baxter, Sergi Paradise, Kinetic. Great to meet all you guys, hope to see you in London at some point. Anyway onto the vinyl:Billy Paul - East - (Double) - Title track is deep spiritual funky jazz. Unlike anything else he recorded.Soundtrack - Cofessions of a Pop Performer - (Double) - One funky track on here.Lesley Duncan - Moonbathing - Beautiful folky LP.Golden Boys - Fumace - Cool Brazillian biz.Col Nolan Qrt - Arrangements - Not their best LP but some funky moments.Jean Claude Petit - ST - Rocking Chair is the best track.Quincy Jones - They Call me Mr Tibbs - Nice to find an OZ original of this for under 20 pounds.Adriano Celentano - Yuppi Du - Need some help with this one. Italian soundtrack with one great track on it. Anyone know this or anything about it????German All Stars - Live at Domicile - The greats of German Jazz Cut loose on this.Mandingo - The Primeval Rhythm of Life (2 copies) - These and the other lP's really are everywhere, I've seen around 20 LP's in 4 days.Herbie Hancock - Fat Albert Rotunda - FunkyJazzHaskim - Al Naafiysh 12" - Is this the original, it's on Cutting Records?? The New World - Trumpet a Go Go - Not heard this but had it recommendedLondon Philharmonic Orch - Space Encounters - Has a version of Ape Shuffle.Helen Reddy - I am Woman - Hit the Road Jack is surprisingly good.Sounds Incorporated - ST - Fingertips and Rinky Dink are oK.Kerrie Biddel - ST (2 copies) - Great version of Sing a Simple Song.TCB - Open for Business - Nice to be able to cross this off my wants after about 6 years. Great funky rock.Schwartzkopf Promo 7" (2 copies) - Features 4 Brazillian tracks, one by Os Incrives with a huge break beat intro.Peter Thomas - Chariots of the Gods - (Double) - One great track.Don Burrows - Tasman Connection - (Double) - Some great funky flute on here.Acker Bilk - Leave off, It's us - One mad track where he puts his clarinet through some sort of effects machine, mental!Cox Orange - 2 - Danish fusion, this is possibly a little too disco for my tastes.Sabicas + Joe Beck - Rock Encounter - All the tracks start with a flamenco ish intro then go rock. Unusual and quite funky.Vaclav Zahradrik - Inter Jazz Praha 70 - (Double) - Found this record about 8 years ago in Berlin and then never heard it mentioned until John S found one recently in Prague. This really is one of my all time fav LP's. Stunningly beautiful jazz.John Sangster - Paradise - (Double) - Promo LP for the Gold Coast, features a couple of funky tracks, one of which was on my last mix CD.George Golla - Easy Feelings - The track The Dancers is one of my fav Aussie tracks.Col Nolan Soul Syndicate - Live at Jasons - Really great LP and the only one I paid semi serious money for.