Yet another 'inserting trk markers in a mix' ???

Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
Hi boys & girls!I made a little birthday-themed mix for a friend of mine recently. I recorded the whole mix on one track in one shot (fuck-ups and everything!), inserted track markers in that Roxio Easy CD Creator Sound Editor thingy, and burned it to CD with no space betwixt songs. I figured everything would be fluid like the robe on a Druid, but nope, it's got these very minor yet very annoying quarter-second gaps when the track changes. Any idea how I could fix that? Should I use a different CD burning program? Should I straight say "fuck it" and give her another gift, say one that I wrap in that special Lifestyles purple box "wrapping paper?" Or should I just burn Cosmo's Love Break mix and pretend I did it? Hep me, hep me, hep me!Herm

Comments

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    CD architect (sp?) is the best for this...you have the entire wave in front of ya, and you just put the cursor where you want the track to change and press "T"..burn and you have a seemless, indexed mix...no spaces whatsoever.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    I'm dissapointed with this thread. I scanned for white not once BUT twice. I hope the follow up proves to be a more fruitfull endeavour.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    Nero works for eliminating space between tracks, but I think you'd need to separate them in another program. I separate tracks in Sound Forge.

I'd like to try that CD Architect, though.