DJ Dance shops RIP

DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
edited September 2008 in Strut Central
I was up in New York two weekends ago and stayed with a friend who lives at the corner of Carmine and Bedford in the West Village. For those too young to remember that was the corner where Vinylmania used to be. Vinylmania back in the day used to a hub of DJ's, tourist and vinyl geeks looking for the latest 12" impors and white labels. I used to get so excited going in there because I knew they would have stuff I could never find in DC (or anywhere outside of New York for that matter) and there would always be some famous DJ in there picking up his hold pile.b,121I also went by Dance Tracks in the East Village which closed down last November. Another once great store now just online only. b,121The main thing (besides finding good records) was seeing and talking to other DJ's and hearing tracks played in the shop that you didn't know. b,121The DJ Hut in DC (was 12" Dance Records back in the day) still has a brick and mortar store but they are the exception unfortunately. Where do DJ's gather nowadays besides chat rooms and jail cells?b,121b,121b,121b,121 b,121b,121b,121b,121b,121b,121

Comments