NEIL MERRYWEATHER, JOHN RICHARDSON AND THE BOERS

Comments

• damm, wtf is that?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Is this "5 Days On The Trail?"

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Quote:h,121b,121damm, wtf is that? b,121b,121h,121
    b,121b,121Dope rock / blues / psych stuffb,121b,121You will like it.b,121b,121Five Days on the Trail is Merryweather & Careyb,121b,121DL this. You will like it.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Oh no doubt I know you coming with the goods.

• I found this at Big Al's as a young'n and it was one of my first img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/breakface.gif" alt="" 21 moments. I'd found breaks before, but I knew of them already or were just your run of the mill breaks. I skipped through and heard this and was like img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/breakface.gif" alt="" 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/breakface.gif" alt="" 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/breakface.gif" alt="" 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/breakface.gif" alt="" 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/breakface.gif" alt="" 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/breakface.gif" alt="" 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/breakface.gif" alt="" 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/breakface.gif" alt="" 21b,121b,121it's not the most chop friendly, or even sample friendly, but it's still got a great drum solo.

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121it's not the most chop friendly, or even sample friendly, but it's still got a great drum solo. b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121Fusk chop friendly! I was listening to this album this morning, and it hit the drum solo and I must've had the biggest grin on my face. I love that style of playing, it reminded me a bit of people like George Baker, George Suranovich, and of course a lot of jazz.b,121b,121I'm doing a search right now and drummer Robin Boers is very much into jazz these days:b,121a href="http://www.robinboerstrio.com/" target="_blank"1http://www.robinboerstrio.com/b,121b,121It sounds a lot like the first five Steve Miller albums, and it makes sense considering Merryweather and Miller were once labelmates (that and the fact that blues rock was in the air).b,121b,121Damn, this album is brilliant, I have to hunt down a copy. Much respect.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    Yes this is a great one! Just found a copy last year in NC.... not too many people know it , but thanks to Raj now they will!