just another WEEKDAY FINDS thread ...

SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
edited May 2008 in Strut Central
Yeah, the weekend's barely over, and these are from the past week & 1/2,but I hate posting in a past-date weekend finds thread. deal.From thrift stores, set sales, a record fair, and local spots:That Covay is a massive white whale. So good. The Gainsbourg is kindaslept on, but a dope LP. Couple of new releases in there - Saviours rock!Isley Brothers was even better than expected. A few conga & fuzz tracks!Ann Sexton is just total fire. Both cheap local finds. Never saw that EricAnderson before (and I've seen/own alot) but it may be his best - really strong.Thanks to Gurney at Waxidermy for the Dana Gillespie tip, and D*ve on here forthe nice deal on Strung Out. Frankie Lee Sims, found local for cheap, was a hugewhite whale for me, and goes nicely with my Don & Dewey LP from the same 1970 series.Monguito is a 70's Venezuelan press, and was a pleasant surprise in a local shopfor a very cheap price. Things like that just don't happen too often! Ill record.Always loved that Johnny Otis - great groove to it. Jewels is great, and sounds even better pitched up to +5 Don't know disco too well, but I was feeling this yard sale find. Harvey Averne yo.Crazed French psych-soul where dude starts screaming "I'm tripping! I'm tripping!"

Comments

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    What do you think of that Robert Charlebois?? Over here in Montreal his records are all over the place but tend to be turds.I've never heard that one though.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    It's pretty sick. Genuine psych with Louise Forestier.

I like the one where he's wearing the helmet, too.

Haven't heard any others. It does annoy me that I can only
    find VG or worse copies of this record, and people still want
    good money, yet I feel like I could get a clean one for $5
    if I just drove the 5 hours to Montreal ...

• pencilfacepencilface 674 Posts
    the track "california" is brilliant - - as is the dancefloor bomb "engagement" (i only usually play the second half of the song though)

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    picked this joint up on saturday, along with some others. peace to Johnny Paycheck, good talkin it up with you at the store man.

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    picked this joint up on saturday, along with some others. peace to Johnny Paycheck, good talkin it up with you at the store man.

Why are your eyes censored? Are you famous or hypnotic?

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    Witness protection program?

Here are mine for the past 2 weeks or so. Lots are doubles I just pick up whenever I see to sell on ebay or elsewhere.Also picked up a nice stack of Disco 12"s with Tom Moulton and Larry Levan mixes.Lots of Classic House jawns aswell...