Dotch! (Cooking Game Shows-R)

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited May 2008 in Strut Central
Recognize the real:

Comments

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    One of my all time favorite shows. Used to always watch in on TV in Japan and on Japan TV here in the states. Dotch! and the new Dotch! Are both crazy dope. The travel those fools would do to get an ingredient for a show was NEXT LEVEL!!!!!! One of my favorite episodes was a ramen battle and one of the ramens was going to be shio(salt) ramen. One of the Dotch presenters flew to Mongolia to a remote salt mine in the side of a mountain and dug out huge chunks of rare special Mongolian salt. Dude then flew back to Tokyo with the salt and they used it for the ramen!!!!

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    things I've learned about Japanese cooking via Dotch:

1) Only Japanese men over the age of 70, whose families have specialized in a single ingredient since the days before Perry opened Japan, can properly harvest/collect/create whatever is necessary to make the dish work.

2) Said harvesting is something requires either/both waiting 20 years for something to mature properly and/or catch said ingredient by hand. At night. During a 12 hour window per year.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    things I've learned about Japanese cooking via Dotch:

1) Only Japanese men over the age of 70, whose families have specialized in a single ingredient since the days before Perry opened Japan, can properly harvest/collect/create whatever is necessary to make the dish work.

2) Said harvesting is something requires either/both waiting 20 years for something to mature properly and/or catch said ingredient by hand. At night. During a 12 hour window per year.

LOL!!!!!! True dat. They always go out of the way to find the most raer obscure ingredients for the show. It adds dramatic effect.