Best Sports Story Of The Year

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited May 2008 in Strut Central
Josh Hamilton......in '99 he was the best amatuer baseball prospect in the world....spent almost 2 years using heroin and crack....was in the shit as deep as you can get...spent the last 3 years trying to come back from it........ so far this year he may be the best outfielder playing in MLB.....dude will be 27 next week....I really hope he has lots of success ahead of him.

Comments

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts
    Dude is straight mashin' this year. I accidentally had him on my bench on one of my fantasy teams last night. D'oh.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    That's pretty awesome....

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    Josh Hamilton......in '99 he was the best amatuer baseball prospect in the world....spent almost 2 years using heroin and crack....was in the shit as deep as you can get...spent the last 3 years trying to come back from it........ so far this year he may be the best outfielder playing in MLB.....dude will be 27 next week....I really hope he has lots of success ahead of him.

I looked real quick at the picture and thought Rob Dibble was back...

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/jaysfan67/152064

"Hamilton tried to make return to the majors during his drug addiction tenure but was turned back to do violating the drug policy, after eight times in rehab Hamilton must of been wondering if he could ever kick the addiction, he tried to end his life by committing suicide three times,"

"Hamilton has clubbed 10 homeruns and has driven in a league high 49 RBIs in only 42 games which sets him on the pace for 188 RBIs, which is absolutely ridiculous. He has turned a all-around terrible pretender team like the Texas Rangers into an almost decent team, I don't know what the Rangers would be doing without Hamilton, he has been the MLB's MVP so far."

• bozakbozak 334 Posts

best of luck to him.

how much better would the cubs be if they kept him and used him in center? geez. thats kind of frightening

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

best of luck to him.

how much better would the cubs be if they kept him and used him in center? geez. thats kind of frightening

If the Cubs would just move Ronny Cedeno of CF, they wouldn't have to pick up washed-up, decrepit, HGH-ed out former Cardinals to provide ??left-handed! strikeouts.