Eff The World (another wack story)

behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
edited May 2008 in Strut Central
ok so i feel like i make one of these posts more than often but i have seriously grown sick of things like thistoday i looked at what was probably the best hip hop record collection i looked at in my life. i have been talking to a store owner for over a year about being able to go through boxes upon boxes of stuff he doesnt have the time to get to. random boxes.they could be rap, disco, latin, house, r&b...who knows?i hook this motherfucker up. label the boxes as i go through them. he tells me he appreciates it.it is a small thing especially since i am allowed to look through all of this untouched stuff.5 of the 45 boxes have hip hop. thats it. (i am told there are 50 more boxes)in just those 5 boxes i managed to pull out -Proteck Ya Neck on Wu Records-Show & AG pre Pay Day-Runaway Slave promo-Da Bichez-every Lord Finesse 12" i didnt have-all Rawcotiks 12"s-De La promos-Boogiemonsters LP sealed you name it. all mint too!!!stuff i will never see in my life. this dude tells me "i dont care about the hip hop stuff"i bring him this stack of Wild Pitch promos, everything i mentioned and more amazingggg stuff.and he wont sell them to me. he gave me a Party Groove pic cover EP cuz he had 2 of em (for my trouble he says)i know for a fact he doesnt sell on the net and the stuff would of stayed there for 20 yrs had i not intervened...yet he has to listen to all of em to see if he likes em. it is like a lose lose situation.and i am not even mad anymore. more of frustration. that i had these grails in my hand and will most likely never see them againi had to vent cuz no one else seems to care-chris

Comments

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

i know for a fact he doesnt sell on the net and the stuff would of stayed there for 20 yrs had i not intervened...

you changed the course of history and got a free EP, what else do you want?

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts

i know for a fact he doesnt sell on the net and the stuff would of stayed there for 20 yrs had i not intervened...

you changed the course of history and got a free EP, what else do you want?

sometimes history is meant to be changed

• bozakbozak 334 Posts
    continue to help out, maybe over time he will continue to get more comfortable with you and at one point when he begins to realize he doesnt care to listen to all that stuff you will be the first person he thinks of when he is ready to sell it.

or just break into the joint.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Its a small consolation, but buy them on ebay. You'll see all of those titles a few times a year.

• bozakbozak 334 Posts
    is a sealed boogiemonsters worth anything? i picked one up cuz it was 50 cents. i figured for 50 cents i may as well compliment my cd with the Lp.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    yet he has to listen to all of em to see if he likes em. it is like a lose lose situation.

No, bud - you helped him out. Guess who he's probably coming to first if he doesn't like them? Keep in touch with dude (not over his shoulder, or anything), and let him know that you're stiil interested whenever he's done listening to them. Patience is a virtue, kiddo.

• cardovacardova 743 Posts
    patience is virtue indeed. i feel you'll eventually get your share of that stack. maybe not all, but most.