Which one are you?

OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
edited May 2008 in Strut Central
There seems to be a bit of a trend in photography at the moment, of photographing modern 'tribes'. This one's pretty interesting.http://www.exactitudes.nl/And this dude, photographs people at music events. Can you guess who they've been to see?The answers: [color:white]1/ Willie Nelson; 2/ Rod Stewart; 3/ Snoop Dogg; 4/ U2; 5/ Missy Elliot; 6/ Oasis; 7/ P Diddy; 8/ Radiohead; 9/ Gossip; 10/ Madonna; 11/ Marilyn Manson; 12/George Michael; 13/ Iggy Pop; 14/ Klaxons. [/color]

Comments

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts

I think I'm in this camp. Especially since I ended up with the first dude on the left (along with 2 Brazilian chicks and a Brazilian dude) at a NYC McDonald's at 5am in February 2006, and several months later he go-go danced at one of my sets at the Beauty Bar.

• UnconSciUnconSci 824 Posts
    haha. thats awesome. I was expecting the bottom one to be spank rock or something though.

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    They haven't discovered my tribe yet.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    haha. thats awesome. I was expecting the bottom one to be spank rock or something though.

Similar kinda crowd, but in the Uk.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    Some were obvious, some not so much. But this one:

I thought the third guy from the left was someone who would say "fuck this, I'm going to check out Robert Wyatt.

Then this:

Scary.

It reminds me of this book a Korean lady did where she immersed herself in various communities, be it musical, ethnic, or otherwise (i.e. strippers) and she would become one with the community and you'd see it through a series of photographs.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

Then this:

Scary.

Saying. I was going to point this one out too. Bad looks all around.

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    None of them:)

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts

And this dude, photographs people at music events. Can you guess who they've been to see?

MOke, whats this website? Looks fascinating. People watching rules.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

And this dude, photographs people at music events. Can you guess who they've been to see?

MOke, whats this website? Looks fascinating. People watching rules.

These are just previews form an newspaper article. The photographer is James Mollison, who's just had them published in a book called 'The Disciples', so no website yet.

The link is to the work of photographer Ari Versluis and stylist Ellie Uyttenbroek, who travel around the world looking for people who fit into their 'tribes' (this is also available in book form).