CRAZY RASBERRY ANTS TAKE OVER HOUSTON

Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
edited May 2008 in Strut Central
excuse me if this has already been poasted in this forum, but aren't there some people from the houston vicinity on here? this story sounds fascinating and i'd like to know more about people's local crazy rasberry ant experiences http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080514/ap_on_re_us/texas_ants

Comments

• funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts
    This is some end of the world shit....

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    And when you do kill these ants, the survivors turn it to their advantage: They pile up the dead, sometimes using them as a bridge to cross safely over surfaces treated with pesticide.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    those are Argentinian ants (I think), they got em all over Cali. They have supercolonies that spread serious distances. I think there's one that runs the length of California. I read that in Argentina they have a supercolony that runs like 2,000 miles or somthing.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    HOLY FUCK! I have these!!!!! They come out of our guest bathroom sink.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    I'm not sure what kind of ants we have...the ones I see EVERY-FUCKIN'-WHERE pretty much look and act just like those...but this past year I have been bitten by ants more than I ever have in my life. A bunch of those came one time when I had to pull over on an interstate to do a quick repair beneath my car. I stood up from that and had prpbably 500 ants on my arms and legs...and I still have the scars to prove it. But those were definitely fire ants. The ones that are in my house love to bite me on my buttocks while I sleep. Leave any drip of water or spilled food anywhere and they'll soon be all over it. There was a scene in Slacker where the dude with the van talks about the ant problem in Austin, how he has to keep all of his food in the fridge to keep it from being infested. I need to watch that again.

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    It's bug crazy in San Diego. We've had tons of gigantic moths, and black beetles every where. I came home from a week's vacation recently and there were over 100 black widows in my front yard. I stopped counting when I'd killed 80 of them.

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    And when you do kill these ants, the survivors turn it to their advantage: They pile up the dead, and proceed to smoke them in a human skull bong.[/b]

• HOLY FUCK! I have these!!!!! They come out of our guest bathroom sink.
    i think i have these in my office at work

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    I didn't even know about these ants till I read the paper yesterday. As long as they stay off my records, we're cool.

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    I came home from a week's vacation recently and there were over 100 black widows in my front yard. I stopped counting when I'd killed 80 of them.

That's my worst nightmare. I would not be able to deal.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    I came home from a week's vacation recently and there were over 100 black widows in my front yard. I stopped counting when I'd killed 80 of them.

That's my worst nightmare. I would not be able to deal.

That would freak me out. I'm not a fan of spiders in general, but a shitload of black widows? Check, please!

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    It's bug crazy in San Diego. We've had tons of gigantic moths, and black beetles every where. I came home from a week's vacation recently and there were over 100 black widows in my front yard. I stopped counting when I'd killed 80 of them.

Id have to hit em like this...fuck those things being anywhere near me

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    And when you do kill these ants, the survivors turn it to their advantage: They pile up the dead, and proceed to smoke them in a human skull bong.[/b]

I'm not feeling Houston in the news lately.

eeerybody else likedid my dress...

Hiram Clarke stand up!!!