pictures found in an old record sleeve

FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
edited May 2008 in Strut Central
Sorry for posting this seperately, I'm at a crowded internet cafe here in Conakry and didn't want to have those girlie pictures pop up on my screen...These are some of the pictures that I mentioned in the original thread:The first picture shows the Band Poly Rythmo with a few fans, the girl in front on the left has probably the most beaming smile I've ever seen. I really wish I'd know the identity of the tall white mystery man. Someone has drawn a cross onto his chest which is what people do in Benin when someone dies. friends and family go through all their photo albums and draw a cross onto all images showing the deceased.Here's our dead mystery man again, this time he's sitting down with the owner of the Albarika Store label.Another Poly Rythmo band portrait.This is my favorite one. I don't really know which band this is. maybe also Poly Rythmo. The man with the (bass?) guitar could be Gustave Bentho. The drummer is not Leopold Yehouessi but Poly Rythmo had several drummers. I guess I'll find out by asking Gustave next time I see him.

Comments