Hold music un-appreciation

DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
Uhaul has had me on hold for like 30 minutes. I'm just trying to confirm that they rescheduled my truck for Sunday instead of Saturday. Online lookup says they didn't. The hold music is horrible. Smooth jazz with a shitty commerical that loops every 30 seconds.I'm still on hold!

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    verizon or sprint has some decent trip-hop stuff.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    not too far off topic,
    anyone else ever have a funky 45 promo 7" from u-haul,
    maybe one side with cheesee vocals

but flip is much more groovy jam

must have been an early 70's press
    traded mine so can't check it out

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    this one academic publisher & used to call frequently had like a 30 second muzak tape-loop that you'd have to listen to for 20 minutes. the soundquality was so degraded it sounded like 'musik von harmonia'.

I kinda missed it when they finally upgraded their phone system.

---

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    I was on hold with the utility company for an hour and they had Dream Weaver. I shit you not Dream Weaver playing the whole time on repeat. Over and Over. It was one of the worst hours of my life, and to top it off i was humming that shit all day after I got off the phone.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    DUDE! I finally got through and got the most fucking retarded person in the world on the phone. Let me a vent and transcribe our conversation

After being on hold for 30 minutes with regional office while the national office is trying to get through too and she's on the other line. Hold music stops at regional office, I hear ringing, I ask national office woman to hold for a second (I was on two lines, regional on speaker phone) the ringing stops, I hear audible background noise

ME - "Hello?"

Customer Service Rep - "Yes"

ME - "Hi, I made a reservation about a week ago and called a few days ago to reschedule. I just want to confirm that the change was made. When I look it up online it still says saturday. It should say Sunday"

CSR - "You want to reschedule your truck?"

ME - "No, I want to confirm that you already rescheduled it? I called a couple of days ago to reschedule."

Silence for about 20 seconds.

ME -"Hello? Anyone there?"

CSR- "Yes"

ME - "Well, can you tell me?"

CSR - "What's your reservation number?"

ME - "Hold on, let me grab it", "It's 29985555"

CSR - "You said 299858314677?"

ME (getting sort of pissed now) "No, I said 29985555"

CSR - "Michael?"

ME - "Yeah, that's me"

CSR - "You want to reschedule it for today or tomorrow?"

ME - "I said I already rescheduled it. Just tell me what day you have me scheduled to pick it up."

CSR - "Sunday"

ME - "Geez, thanks."

*hang up*

• i guess you don't like george benson then

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    More like