Edwards Endorsing Obama (pol-rel)

Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
edited May 2008 in Strut Central
Reports that he will do so at a rally tonight in Michigan.

Comments

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    gunning hard for VP.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Yeah, we'll see - he doesn't bring a lot to the job other than a nice smile and this much-bandied-about-but-unproven "appeal to the common man".

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    not saying he'll get it, but clearly he wants it.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    I was just talking to a co-worker about this exact thing. It seems like Edwards might make a decent VP, but a not-so-good running mate.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    yeah - if Obama's main weakness is around the white working class,I don't see Edwards being the dude to help shore up that sector.

Obama needs a bowler who can throw shots of Jack back.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    i personally think it has little to do with a possible Veep nod, and everything to do with trying to end this god forsaken primary election.

Edwards apparently was making more inroads with HRC over the past few months (or at least mending fences), but he along with everyone else really knows this shit is mathematically done so he might as well jump on the bus.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Dude was a total ass to Kerry. VP is not happening?

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Edwards would make a good vp. Only because the only constitutional duty of the vp is to be a tie breaker in the senate.

He will not be Obama's vp, and neither will HRC.

How about Janet Napolitano? Gov AZ. If he picked a woman she would be great.

It is time to get this over with. I think Edwards really wanted O and C to talk about poverty. They didn't. So he decided to go with the presumptive nominee for sake of party unity. And maybe to shut the b...

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    kinda surprising considering how hard his wife has been riding for hillary's healthcare plan

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I've been under the impression that Mrs. Edwards HATED Hillary.

They weren't too keen on Hillary but apparently Edwards and Obama met earlier in the year and Obama was "so aloof" so Edwards decided he was going to sit out for a few extra months.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Yeah that's what I've been told.

HI JONNY!!!

COSMO!

I meant to swing by Plan B last night. But I had one too many and ended up dicking around with a mix at home.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    sometime last month, elizabeth came out and started hyping hillary's healthcare plan, saying it was better than obama's plan. some people took that as a sign that her husband was gonna support hillary. i guess not...

• SnappingSnapping 995 Posts
    yeah - if Obama's main weakness is around the white working class,I don't see Edwards being the dude to help shore up that sector.

Jim Webb from Virginia might fit the bill. He is actually pretty conservative for my tastes (and for a Democrat) but he would provide a nice balance to Obama on the ticket.

Jim Webb from Virginia might fit the bill. He is actually pretty conservative for my tastes (and for a Democrat) but he would provide a nice balance to Obama on the ticket.

I'm beginning to think Webb might be the first name on the list. He seems like a better campaigner, good old boy and hard working white American, than Bill Richardson.

Webb was secretary of the navy under raygun. Wiki:
    On March 30, 2003, Webb wrote an opinion piece for the New York Times.[11] While he erred in believing that the Iraqi leadership had learned lessons from the first Gulf War that would enable them to stop U.S. troops from taking Baghdad, subsequent events proved correct his conclusion that a protracted guerrilla conflict would be a likely outcome of an American invasion of Iraq.

McCain's military experience in and out of uniform has been a disaster. After starting a fire that killed hundreds of his ship mates he was shot down, taken prisoner and made propaganda films for the enemy. Then as a senator he championed the disastrous Iraq war. A war that Jim Webb knew would be the disaster that it is.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Did McCain actually start that fire?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Who cares? This is politics.

Simple facts. It's got nothing to do with politics. McCain was involved with the Forrestal fire but he wasn't the cause.

Back on track, does this endorsement mean game/set/match?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Hahah.

There is very little evidence that he did.

Anyone who says he did is partaking in swift boating and I will condemn them.

Though there is an interesting suggestion that it was his horsing around that caused it.

But to say so would be unfair. So I just want to let everyone know that I condemn those suggestions.

You can check out the videos of the fire that McCain did not start, though he was right there when it did start, at youtube.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Simple facts. It's got nothing to do with politics. McCain was involved with the Forrestal fire but he wasn't the cause.

Truth

It's asinine comments like this that will repel swing voters more than attract them.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

McCain's military experience in and out of uniform has been a disaster. After starting a fire that killed hundreds of his ship mates he was shot down, taken prisoner and made propaganda films for the enemy.

LW....are these your words??

If not, link please.

This was not on the wiki page you referenced.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Though there is an interesting suggestion that it was his horsing around that caused it.

But to say so would be unfair. So I just want to let everyone know that I condemn those suggestions.

Didn't you just say this very thing two posts up?!

Back on track, does this endorsement mean game/set/match?

Sorry to clown while you may have missed some back ground.

The first I knew of Forrestal was an Archaic post saying McCain started and offering "proof". Meanwhile Rockadelic has been defending attacks on McCain (while demonizing HRC) by saying attacking McCain is old politics that Obama is above. Meanwhile, any thing that is bad for McCain I am for because this election will not be easy.

So I say he started the fire. Very few people believe that, but it is important to denounce those rumors because maybe someone wont hear about it unless you denounce it.

The endorsement is a few nails in HRC's coffin. If it takes ten nails I would call it numbers 6,7,8 & 9. Oregon (me) will be 10.

Didn't you just say this very thing two posts up?!

I did, and I condemn statements saying that John McCain started the fire on the Foresstor which lead to the death of 100s of shipmates.

Did you know his dad was an admiral and he was reassigned the next morning?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

So I say he started the fire. Very few people believe that, but it is important to denounce those rumors because maybe someone wont hear about it unless you denounce it.

What the hell kind of kookoo backwards talk is this?

You say he started the fire but you condemn those who say he did?

Yes.

I am trying to lampoon people like George W Bush, who made sure everyone knew about the swift boat veterans lies by denouncing them at every opportunity. Or McCain who uses his denouncements of Hagee (who he still calls his spiritual leader) to make sure everyone knows about Wright. I also do it to get rock's goat, because he likes posting pictures of goats.

Obviously I am not funny, and I haven't seen any goats so I will stop. Or not.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Wow Lazer Wolf my brain hurts like a motherfucker right now hahaha!

• SnappingSnapping 995 Posts

Yes.

I am trying to lampoon people like George W Bush, who made sure everyone knew about the swift boat veterans lies by denouncing them at every opportunity. Or McCain who uses his denouncements of Hagee (who he still calls his spiritual leader) to make sure everyone knows about Wright. I also do it to get rock's goat, because he likes posting pictures of goats.

Obviously I am not funny, and I haven't seen any goats so I will stop. Or not.