Im takin DressBoogie on a Bronx Tour today

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited May 2008 in Strut Central

Comments

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    DON'T FRONT!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    The Zoo & Botanical Gardens is for old people.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    and nieces.

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    u guys gonna go sunbathing at Orchard?

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    CHOCHA BEACH

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    take it easy on the foreign dude.

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    Van Cortlandt Park and City Island!

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    What shoes will you be wearing?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I've never been to The Bronx.

Edit: I have ONCE, going to the houses that Grandmaster Caz stayed in when we got drops from him.

Edit: I have ONCE, going to the houses that Grandmaster Caz stayed in when we got drops from him.

i dont believe you yet somehow i do???

• DeegreezDeegreez 804 Posts
    Regarding the Bronx ....Read The Power Broker by Robert Caro, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Power_Broker
    the part about how he commissioned the construction of the Cross Bronx Expressway and Co-Op City is so crazy. Displacement and city subsidized arson, so tragic.
    Speaking of City Island is that hot little antique and record shop still there? I got 2 copies of Chakacha's Jungle Fever in 1993 there and never went back. I'm old.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

About which part?

About which part?

that you've never been to the Bronx. i mean i believe you but its hard to believe. but then again i know people who live in the Bronx and say shit like "Brooklyn? i dont even know how id get there"

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Yeah well honestly I rarely make it Manhattan! But wifey's mom is from The Bronx so when she comes to visit us this summer I'm trying to take her to a Yankees game (if I can score some damn tickets - shit is TOUGH!)

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    If cake is not the issue just fusk with stubhub. I regularly can find decent seats for under $100.

God it hurt my pockets just to type that.

Yeah well honestly I rarely make it Manhattan! But wifey's mom is from The Bronx so when she comes to visit us this summer I'm trying to take her to a Yankees game (if I can score some damn tickets - shit is TOUGH!)

PMs

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    Regarding the Bronx ....Read The Power Broker by Robert Caro, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Power_Broker
    the part about how he commissioned the construction of the Cross Bronx Expressway and Co-Op City is so crazy. Displacement and city subsidized arson, so tragic.
    Speaking of City Island is that hot little antique and record shop still there? I got 2 copies of Chakacha's Jungle Fever in 1993 there and never went back. I'm old.

Co-sign, The Power Broker is an amazing book, very well researched and put together, all about the life of Robert Moses. I can't go on the Cross Bronx and not think about the book.
    The joint in City Island was called Full Moon Records (or was it half moon?) and it closed three or four years ago.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

Co-sign, The Power Broker is an amazing book, very well researched and put together, all about the life of Robert Moses. I can't go on the Cross Bronx and not think about the book.
    The joint in City Island was called Full Moon Records (or was it half moon?) and it closed three or four years ago.

Yeah that's a DOPE book but it's a MONSTER to get through.

it def hasnt been closed for 3 years. Moon Curser or Moon Cruiser was the name. the old man Roger was cool but he had this fat piece of smelly shit working for him that overcharged for everything.

then Roger died and some ex-cop bought the place.

i was there about a year to year and a half ago. i was looking thru some hip hop collection he salvaged from a flooded basement. eveyrthing was in mediocre to horrific condition and whatever he couldnt find on eBay he wouldnt sell to me.

so i am glad that store is dead!

• JoeMojoJoeMojo 720 Posts

Yeah that's a DOPE book but it's a MONSTER to get through.

Caro's a great writer. I'm on volume 3 of his Lyndon Johnson bio right now. Although it occurs to me that I should have waited for volume 4 to be published, so that I won't be left hanging.

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    that zoo is weak

We went to 1520 Sedgwick & Cedar and was able to swindle our way into the OG Community Room that Herc spun the first Jam at......

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    botanica hardrocs

take Dress by that Blade hand on webster.

We went to 1520 Sedgwick & Cedar and was able to swindle our way into the OG Community Room that Herc spun the first Jam at......

arent they making that into a museum?

arent they making that into a museum?

I heard they were, but the crazy hot Building Mngr let us check the spot out if we werent the press. The "janitor' led us into the very small room. I was expecting a much larger space. He said that he has been told to not allow too many folks into the space cause dudes wanna take pictures and shit, w/out give the space back some profit.I also heard it was tryin to be landmarked.
    It was kinda spooky, in a good way. It was my first time goin inside. I rode my bike by the building for years, but was never moved to check out the actual room.