Little Brother live yesterday

OlskiOlski 355 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
Went to a Little Brother show yesterday at Stadtgarten, Cologne. Phonte + Pooh plus DJ and two hype men (one of them Joe Scudda). No 9th Wonder. I wasn't sure what kind of show to expect. I love LB and 9th's beats but most of it is listening matewrial to me. I rarely play any of their cuts at a club, expecting people not digging it because it's no hype shit.The big suprise for me was how massive 9th's sound can be on a bifg PA. It felt like one beat/groove the whole 70 minutes but it had an energy level that rocked like crazy. Phonte and Pooh were relaxed and hyped at the same time. They put on a good and entertaining show and treated the audience real nice. That got people open and it was all good vibes the whole night through.Their only problem is, they don't have any "hits" that people are really familiar with. And they didn't use any other people's beats for that effect. But you have to respect for building the whole show on their own sound and strength. On a side note: I only go two four or five hip-hop shows a year and I'm always shocked to see how many MCs who are still in their twenties are seriously overweight. Rappers ARE in danger!

Comments

• DigginDiggin 319 Posts
    I'm always shocked to see how many AMERICAN[/b] MCs who are still in their twenties are seriously overweight. Rappers ARE in danger!

• PEKPEK 735 Posts
    I'm always shocked to see how many AMERICAN[/b] MCs who are still in their twenties are seriously overweight. Rappers ARE in danger!

Their sometimes tour DJ and Justus League cohort Big Dho isn't the most svelte either...

• OlskiOlski 355 Posts

Are there MCs outside of the USA?

• pasepase 89 Posts
    America is a whole differnet bag of worms Olski. only New Yorkers walk and take public transit like europeans do. It has a lot to do with the size of the country and size of the cities. people mostly sit all day. sit at their jobs, sit at home and sit in the car. throw in overeating and fast food, and that's appetite for destruction. our serving sizes are fucking huge!!! it's seriously a problem..

• OlskiOlski 355 Posts
    America is a whole differnet bag of worms Olski. only New Yorkers walk and take public transit like europeans do. It has a lot to do with the size of the country and size of the cities. people mostly sit all day. sit at their jobs, sit at home and sit in the car. throw in overeating and fast food, and that's appetite for destruction. our serving sizes are fucking huge!!! it's seriously a problem..

Appetite for destruction, that's heavy Pase. It seems to me that overeating and fast food are more dangerous than sitting at the job/car/home. And that's an educational thing. If you feet your kids fast food and don't teach them about good foot and cooking they will get the same weight problems. Sad to say but we are catching up in Europe. There are more and more overweight adults and kids than ever before.
    By the way how did Fat Jon manage to become lightweight heavy?

• PEKPEK 735 Posts
    Sad to say but most developed (and rapidly emergin' ones like China) countries[/b] are catching up including[/b] Europe b/c of a more sedentary (read: sittin' on your ass all day and not exercisin' whatsoever). There are more and more overweight adults and kids than ever before.

• pasepase 89 Posts
    fat jon lives on like the 12th floor of a building with no elevator, that's how he stays fit. and his stairs are murder. everytime I go to his house by the time I make it to the front door I have to lay down and take a break/ breather. for real. imagine hauling luggage home. yeah.

• OlskiOlski 355 Posts
    I only live on the fourth floor with no elevator but carrying my records to gigs and back is as worse. But that's not how I stay fit, I'm only hurting my back and haven't worked out for more than a months now.

What's up with the Deez these days? I guess some other people here would like to know this too!!

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

What's up with the Deez these days? I guess some other people here would like to know this too!!

SAYIN'! Pase, you're living in Germany also? Any new tracks droppin' soon?

• OlskiOlski 355 Posts

Jon lives in Berlin. Not sure where Pase is located. I think he was living in Japan for a while.