EFX Box Similar to Pioneer EFX 500?

Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
edited May 2008 in Strut Central
Anyone? I had a Pioneer 500 but some crackhead fuck stole it from my car a while back and I woudn't mind getting another EFX box. The price range is a bit high still for these so something in the 200-300 range is what I'd want.

Comments

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    I got a minty used one on eBay for $250.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    OOOOH! What? damn..i gotta check EBAY then.

Thanks lil' homie

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    YP: Let us know if you look at smaller alternatives. I like my EFX 500 but would love something with similar effects that's more palm-size.

• highschemehighscheme 784 Posts
    kaos pad i guess is the best option in that case

of course the functionality is different but yeah

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I got one from an online dealer from Chicago new for $150. I'll try to find that store again.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    YOU SOUND THRIFTY.

I got the Stanton version several years ago and it works fine for me, but it's not quite as nice as the Pioneer. All I really use it for is echoes on mittstape schitt, though:

I got it directly from Stanton at a huge discount--I think it was about $60? But a quick google/ebay search turns up nothing right now.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    I got one from an online dealer from Chicago new for $150. I'll try to find that store again.

Sounds like Audiolines

• What all kind of effects are these capable of..Kaos Pad style? Pioneer 909 style?

YOU SOUND THRIFTY.

I got the Stanton version several years ago and it works fine for me, but it's not quite as nice as the Pioneer. All I really use it for is echoes on mittstape schitt, though:

I got it directly from Stanton at a huge discount--I think it was about $60? But a quick google/ebay search turns up nothing right now.

I 'member that. Fortunately our JPEG/GIF master, Controller 7, is going to hook me up, so thanks everyone. The pioneer has a real good sound to it plus I'm just super use to it (I've pretty much made all my mixes with the exception of side effect with it).

SouthCrackalack:

The Pioneer has a great delay and echo function, as well as something similar to phase and ring amongst others (Wah effect?). What made it really cool is you can assign how you want the effect to "go" i.e. 16th note, 1 bar, 8th notes, 2 bars etc. Also a pretty good EQ kill and a spinwheel where you can manually control the effect live. Plus it's size and ease of hooking it up made it great for out of town gigs.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    The Pioneer is really well designed and the Kaoss Pad is cool but not as easy IMO for on the fly effects.

$150 for a brand new EFX-500 is a steal.

Sounds like Audiolines

Yep, that's it. How are they able to sell so cheap?

Sounds like Audiolines

WOOPS! WE "DROPPED/MISPACED" SOME BOXES BUT WE SURE DINNIT MISPLACE THE SAVINGS FOR OUR LOYAL CUSTOMERS"!!!

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

Sounds like Audiolines

If you have to ask, don't ask.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts

Sounds like Audiolines

Most of the good deals I've seen marked as "used" were floor models.

Sounds like Audiolines

Most of the good deals I've seen marked as "used" were floor models.

Unless they resealed the box, rewrapped the unit and manual, retied the power cable, etc...