thinking of selling Preem's MPC

paulnicepaulnice 924 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
So, I bought the AKAI MPC60-II that DJ Premier used whenever he needed to use one (which I'm assuming was quite often) from D&D Studios not long before they closed shop.It's just been sitting in it's case ever since.It got me thinking. What kind of price do you think I could fetch for it?I'll most likely hold on to it, but I am curious as to how much such an item might sell for.(It's NOT signed btw. He told me he would sign it, but I never got around to linking up with him.My schedule being so busy and all)

Comments

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    if he signs it i think you could get an easy $1200 bucks. peace, stein..

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    I sold mine back in '98 for $1200 so I think you would get more than that (I'm not up on the MPC market though).
    So I'm assuming this was used for "Step In The Arena" and more?
    Dunno, stuff like this you would think would garner interest/higher prices often doesn't.
    I'd say throw up a reserve & see what happens.
    Use it or lose it Paulie!

• paulnicepaulnice 924 Posts

Ah, fuck it. I'll just hold onto it.
    I can always use a spare besides.

• i would think you could get a nice chunk of change on Ebay. I'd love to own it.

• djstefdjstef 534 Posts
    I think you should keep it. Also, this is a fine opportunity to post this picture for the millionth time.

cas?

• I have an item just like that, it is a sp12 that pete rock used for years and he signed it, I know he did tons of joints on it. But it really is history and I just do not want to put it in the same light as Pun's necklace.

Do not get me wrong if it goes in to the right hands I will part with it.