vestax repair or a cheap place to buy a rane ttm56

meshmesh 925 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
dudes, my 05pro is PISSING me off. shit is all crackily and shit whenever i touch a fader, the headphone input, the headphone cue fader, or basically just when i touch it. i HATE it right now. i spent a good hour or so cleaning it from the inside out yesterday and i think i made even worse. electronic cleaner does not work the way its supposed to appherently. SO, does anyone know a good place to get an 05pro repaired? i have an 07 as well with no power adaptor and some missing fader knobs that is sheisty as well(i bought it used on the cheap as a back up, but it ended up sucking too). i wouldnt mind getting that fixed too. so yeah, basically vestax sucks, so i am considering selling those two when i get them fixed, or just selling them now and buying a ttm 56. i cant really afford that, but i know it would be a good investment. i got a birthday coming up in june too, so i can probably get somewhat reimbursed from the fam and gfriend for it then.cheapest i have seen it is $650 at an ebay store. anybody know of any place cheaper than that?

Comments

• dj_pidj_pi 335 Posts
    I haven't had the problem of crackling channels, but one of my channels is dying on my 07. Without trying to get all technical on you... I'm pretty sure its a problem with the op-amps of the mixer. (If you don't know what an op-amp is...nor would I expect anyone to know...its a small chip that can boost signal power and thus make what you hear louder...) From what I understand, Vestax didn't use the greatest op-amps for their mixers. I also know that there are some audiofiles out there that buy audio equipment and change the op-amps to give them better sound quality. I opened up my 07 to check it all out and thought I found the op-amps for the channels. Unfortunately...I can't find anything on the internet about the chips. School has has me really busy lately so I haven't been able to fuck around with it more. This summer I plan on getting into it. If I find a way to change the op-amps I'll definetly put a post up.

As far as a Rane 56...thats the lowest I've ever seen them as well. They are no doubt though... quality mixers. I looked at a book that Rane put out about some audio stuff and they really knew their shit.