Companies Sponsoring Your Club Night

pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
edited May 2008 in Strut Central
So the club night I run was just offered a sponsorship by a random company, a decently hip company that I've even been known check out on occasion. Now my ego and DIY upbringing says put on the brakes. But for the price of a small logo on flyers I get money and free shit. Anyone have experience in these matters and have any words of wisdom when it comes to dealing with sponsors? or

Comments

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    whenever D**w and I do something with the Memphix guys, it is sponsored by a big company. All we have to do is hang a banner and put out brochures on the table and take pictures of people with the brocheres and standing next to the banner...we do this about 2 hours before the show actually starts and then take that shit down once the show starts...

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    my buddy owns a club and he uses sponsors, particularly high end liquor brands, to pay for big name djs. the whole concept is that the sponsor is trying to appeal to the crowd that will hopefully be at your event.

if you can give assurances that if the sponsor pays for _____, then their ideal customers will show up at your party, they should be willing to drop some loot. at least that is what i have been told.

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    My Brazilian night here in DC (third Thursdays) is co-sponsored by Peroni Beer (yes, I know they're not Brazilian). They send out two very cute "Peroni girls" to the party each month. They mingle, dance and buy drinks for some patrons. The sponsorship also enables us to sell Peroni real cheap. Apparently its one of Peroni's best weeknights saleswise on the East Coast.
    My only complaint came when it was time to do the flyers and they made some changes to the final draft that I didn't see until they were all printed up. That said, they paid for all of the flyers and we've made up so its all good.