Welcome to the Neighborhood

HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
edited May 2008 in Strut Central
So I go out to a couple of events last night and run into Dope-E of the Terrorists/South Park Coalition. First thing that amazed me was that he had a stack of his new Terrorists album...on Sony! Just about everyone else in Texas has recently been dropped from their major label deals and here comes the Terrorists holding it down. Then it winds up that Dope-E recently bought a house in my neck of the woods in Austin. I was happy enough to run into Ryno for the first time in a while the other night and find out that he just moved right into our neighborhood, just around the corner. Now we've got a Texas rap legend just down the street as well...

Comments

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    welcome to the land where it [almost] just don't stop.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Hey Drew...

Got to see Gerald and Staci perform last night...blazing hot!

Also spoke with Rapid Ricardo and he says he's pretty much leaving it to Gerald's company to put that Mr. & Mrs. 512 mix out.

Apparently, they've already got the songs...

Staci did Holla last night and I don't care what anybody else says, that ish is jamming.

It's 10:30 AM and I'm still kinda drunk.

Speaking of "terrorists", I caught this Palestinian rap group last night as well...

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    Can you bring dead animals into his house? Cows, pigs, chickens, turkeys et cetera?

This was happening last night as well...

z-ro commercial.mp3 - 0.93MB

Can you bring dead animals into his house? Cows, pigs, chickens, turkeys et cetera?

We'll see.

He was telling me some good stuff last night...about the galaxy next to ours which has 3 suns and how our galaxy doesn't actually have its own sun, as ours is actually one of the 3 suns from the next door galaxy...and how the best way to handle the passing of Nibiru, when things get really crazy, is to leave your body and how he already does that multiple times daily...

And aside from him, I was hanging with what I would call a very Labtekwon-esque circle of friends and I gotta say it was nice to be surrounded for a moment by people who all have a common understanding of ideas that leave a place like this message board shocked and shook.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts

He was telling me some good stuff last night...about the galaxy next to ours which has 3 suns and how our galaxy doesn't actually have its own sun, as ours is actually one of the 3 suns from the next door galaxy...and how the best way to handle the passing of Nibiru, when things get really crazy, is to leave your body and how he already does that multiple times daily...

my coworker just did 72hrs for a psych eval because of what you wrote up above. called us up the other day asking if we saw any aliens at work or ufos in the sky. multiple sun galaxies can make a person crazy... be careful...

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    multiple sun galaxies can make a person crazy... be careful...

I think Frank Chu would agree

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

I gotta say it was nice to be surrounded for a moment by people who all have a common understanding of ideas that leave a place like this message board shocked and shook.

if we're so ignorant why don't you just chill with them and stop hanging out here

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Hey Drew...

Also spoke with Rapid Ricardo and he says he's pretty much leaving it to Gerald's company to put that Mr. & Mrs. 512 mix out.

Staci did Holla last night and I don't care what anybody else says, that ish is jamming.

Nice... So, it's a RapidRic-produced mix, leaving it up to Gerald's company for distribution?

Hey Drew...

Nice... So, it's a RapidRic-produced mix, leaving it up to Gerald's company for distribution?

That's what it sounded like...Ric has gotten to the point that he no longer wants to do mixtapes as he's had enough with rogue friend of friend rappers showing up at his pad expecting to be put on. He coulda been telling me that he dropped the Mr. & Mrs. 512 project altogether, but I took it as he's still involved, just not to the degree that he has been involved in the past.

Instead, he's working on getting that long-awaited Whut It Dew album out...and even considering taking a square job and just disappearing.