Can We Get An MLB Thread?

behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
edited May 2008 in Strut Central
lets talk....i don't even know where to start but i do know the NBA thread is always super longgotta be some baseball fans on hereChase Utley is murdering shit!!

Comments

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    I used to be a baseball junkie 20 years ago. Every player I admired and watched turned out to be on the juice -- well, at least most of them. Plus, my team sucks, and always will.

• A-Rod is getting all the attention right now because of the child birth thing. Whatever.

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts
    Ozzie Guillen is killin' it.

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    A-Rod is getting all the attention right now because of the child birth thing. Whatever.

haha. he passed out. dude is a pussy.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

I want a Blow-Up Doll Baseball Card

What's better is in that covering the recent Ozzie stuff they broke out (on ESPN) this old rant of Lee Elia in 1983 just railing about how the Cubs fans and how they were all jobless and destitute and that's why they could show up to all those daytime Cubs games. It was hilarious.

What's better is in that covering the recent Ozzie stuff they broke out (on ESPN) this old rant of Lee Elia in 1983 just railing about how the Cubs fans and how they were all jobless and destitute and that's why they could show up to all those daytime Cubs games. It was hilarious.

The Lee Elia is classic....the Hal McRae supposedly drunk rant is good too.....as a kid I watched Casey Stengel who was the Groucho Marx of baseball and always entertaining. Leo Durocher was another great eccentric manager and his appearance on The Munsters was Emmy worthy.

Oh snap I remember the McRae. That's one of the best ever. God the Royals have stunk for a real long time...

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Baseball feels so hollow before June.

Not that there aren't good games or drama, but until
    it's the summer things just don't feel that serious yet.

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts

WTF is THAT?!?!?!?

This was me Tuesday night......

Illadelph lost, but it's all good.

WTF is up with Ryan Howard?!?!?!?!?!?!? UGH, I finally had to bench his non productive azz on my fantasy team.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    lets talk....

too early ...after the NBA finals

This is a new method of "beat down" that will soon be used by Police Departments across the U.S.

speaking of fantasy leagues

my dumb ass had Turnbow as a RP and now he is DFA and i need to pick up relief when normally i cant pay attention to my rotation.

i mean i drafted Turnbow

people are like "are u an idiot?"

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    lets talk....

too early ...after the NBA finals

Eh. I'm always down to talk baseball. Hell, I started a thread during spring training. Don't get me wrong???Go Celts???but my Sox need love too.

Any Detroit fans care to weigh in on what's gone so horribly wrong with your team? I thought you were easily one of the four or five best AL teams coming out of the off-season.

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    I follow every Red Sox game from April on. If I'm not watching it on TV, I have the game cast going on my computer.
    I think about music and baseball 90% of the time. I'm an addict.
    If I wasn't working in the music biz, I'd be trying to be an assistant GM for an MLB organization.
    To say the least, I heart baseball.

Papi's bat is back! The offense looks good, but damn...our bullpen is making me a little nervous.
    Last night Tavarez pitched like an 85 year old recovering from a stroke.
    Delcarmen has forgotten how to pitch.
    Timlin needs to drink more deer blood to regain his form.

anyone got that video of Manny being all gay combing Tavarez hair? that shit is super funny....

Last night Tavarez pitched like an 85 year old recovering from a stroke.
    Delcarmen has forgotten how to pitch.
    Timlin needs to drink more deer blood to regain his form.

The Rockies are interested in trading for Tavares. I'm all for it.
    Delcarmen is young???he'll come around.
    I love Timlin, but dude voted for Taft. We can't really rely on him forever.

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts

So I've heard. I wonder if we could get anything above at C+ prospect for him.

It's not like we need him to spot start anytime soon with Pauley and Masterson in Pawtucket and Colon and (eventually) Schilling coming back later.

So I've heard. I wonder if we could get anything above at C+ prospect for him.

It's not like we need him to spot start anytime soon with Pauley and Masterson in Pawtucket and Colon and (eventually) Schilling coming back later.

I'd be happy with a couple draft picks.

• dgriotdgriot 388 Posts
    Baseball feels so hollow before June.

Not that there aren't good games or drama, but until
    it's the summer things just don't feel that serious yet.

As a Marlins fan, I need to savor these days in first place while I still can.