Wow How Dope Is This?!

Comments

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    they have these at a shop by my house. cool idea.

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    they been having this. i think labcabin was carrying them for a minute.

a friend of mine who's in the mixtape circuit is getting ready to release his next mix on this.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    they been having this. i think labcabin was carrying them for a minute.

a friend of mine who's in the mixtape circuit is getting ready to release his next mix on this.

That's going to be an EXPENSIVE ass mixtape for him to do.. unless he does just 1 or 2 copies (doesn't make sense)

$22 bucks for one tape/usb.....

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    ------- still makes his own for the women

but those are still a cool idea

i agree! he's dumping a series of older mixes on it as well and packaging it with some other shit, so there will be a decent mark-up. we were talking about the small flash drive idea a while back and trying to source some shit out in china, but still pretty expensive. then we found out abt this, so he want's to move on it when time permits. i guess it's more of a project, and using a new medium with a throwback appeal, than simply a mixtape.

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    i agree! he's dumping a series of older mixes on it as well and packaging it with some other shit, so there will be a decent mark-up. we were talking about the small flash drive idea a while back and trying to source some shit out in china, but still pretty expensive. then we found out abt this, so he want's to move on it when time permits. i guess it's more of a project, and using a new medium with a throwback appeal, than simply a mixtape.
    It would be dope to be able to find a way to reduce costs on something like that but seriously it's not worth it. It would cut in to his profits way too much.
    BTW ,I notice that when you entered 't u r n t a b l e l a b . c o m' in your previous message it switched it to labcabin.com . Some members of this site have mentioned it to be "the labcabin virus" which really seems like a bunch of BS. Same thing with s e r a t o being switched to microwave.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Microwave labcabin.com

Edit: ha ha just wanted to check

fuck! i caught it. good think i have applecare.

• they been having this. i think labcabin was carrying them for a minute.

That's going to be an EXPENSIVE ass mixtape for him to do.. unless he does just 1 or 2 copies (doesn't make sense)

$22 bucks for one tape/usb.....

you can go cheaper if that helps...
    i think as soon as the chineese get to know this gadget the price will go down.

• YNOTYNOT in a studio apt mixing tuna with the ramen 417 Posts
    It's a clever idea. Not really practical tho. They keep this by the register at the shop I frequent. I eye ball em. Then I check the price and

• highschemehighscheme 784 Posts
    slick for a gift but not for pushing your product

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,898 Posts
    True dat. Shit, you can get a 4GB SD card here for a tenner, who is going to spunk out for a 64Mb usb stick these days? You'd not bother fishing it out of your cornflakes if it came free.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    On a cassette theme, I kinda like these as well.

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts
    I bet you could buy these bulk for like $8 a unit or less, not bad if you are targeting the collectros and collectables market with your gear.

CD production costs have skewed peoples ideas of reasonable profit margins.

Tape production used to be like $2-3 a tape, I am sure 8 track was way higher and vinyl ain't cheap done right.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    It would be dope to be able to find a way to reduce costs on something like that but seriously it's not worth it. It would cut in to his profits way too much.

BTW ,I notice that when you entered 't u r n t a b l e l a b . c o m' in your previous message it switched it to labcabin.com . Some members of this site have mentioned it to be "the labcabin virus" which really seems like a bunch of BS. Same thing with s e r a t o being switched to microwave.

Um, dude???Turntablelab and Serato. Bye bye, hard drive!

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    ------- still makes his own for the women

but those are still a cool idea

Looks like you put more than music on that tape.

And by more, I mean love.

And by love, I mean semen.

i just lol'ed, hahahahaha!

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,898 Posts
    Yeah, when I saw that, It looks like it's being viewed through those C.S.I. "Spunk-vision" glasses...

my dipset levels were too high when that, uh- happened on the tape...