Dallas, TX May 16-19th

DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
edited May 2008 in Strut Central
I'm headed down next weekend for a couple things, but I'll definitely have some time to kill. Anyone selling records out of their house? i heard thats the best pickins in Dallas... Rockadelic, i'm looking at you. WHat else should I check out while there?

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I'll be down in Austin for the "bootleg" ARC Show...if you have the time and transportation it might be worth your time....if not hit up the 1/2 Price stores... the main one on Northwest Highway is best and the ones in Arlington and North of Dallas are decent too.

• RerogRerog 569 Posts
    That just happens to be the weekend I'll be out of town too...Wilson from Rehash (vinylneck on SS) says he's not making the trip with us so he might be around to do some tour guide type stuff...Rock is right, the half price tour is worth your time, there are about 20 in the DF/W area and you will find something, though besides Doc's Record's, Bill's, and Forever Young, there are really no other shops to speak of sadly.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    i'll be around monday and tuesday as well, so if either of you are back, we should link for bbq and a shiner at least.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,890 Posts
    I'll be down in Austin for the "bootleg" ARC Show...

moar info plz thx.

My mother-in-law is coming into town and I couldn't think of a better reason to get away for a while.

• RerogRerog 569 Posts
    i'll be around monday and tuesday as well, so if either of you are back, we should link for bbq and a shiner at least.

I'll be getting back late Sunday night so I'm definitely down for the Monday or Tuesday thing...where in town are you going to be staying?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I'll be down in Austin for the "bootleg" ARC Show...

moar info plz thx.

My mother-in-law is coming into town and I couldn't think of a better reason to get away for a while.

Wow...you live there and don't even know about it......I have a bad feeling about this.

http://www.rhythmhound.com/

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,890 Posts
    I've been out of the loop... busy with work, on the road etc. I'm finally back in town for a weekend and haven't been in touch with anyone yet. Thanks for the link.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    where in town are you going to be staying?
    Oak Cliff.

i know that i'll be at the goat for karaoke on sunday and i might be djing some funk night on monday. other than that, i'm game.

• RerogRerog 569 Posts
    where in town are you going to be staying?
    Oak Cliff.

i know that i'll be at the goat for karaoke on sunday and i might be djing some funk night on monday. other than that, i'm game.

I know where the goat is but never been. Is the funk night you might be doing at the Zubar or the Cavern?

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    Delay, you should go to that big ass waterpark they got there with this pirate ship and a blacked out water slide.

j/k, RIP that spot.