WANT: Theo Parrish Ugly Edits #2 and #9

DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
edited May 2008 in Vinyl Wants / Trades
Hey all-I was just asked to do 4 hours of "NY loft disco/jazz/soul" type stuff for a party on Saturday, 5/17, and to be honest, i don't have 4 hours of that sort of thing. In my effort to scramble to fill the time, I'd like to cop Ugly Edits #2 and #9 for the edits of The Love I Lost" and "In The Basement". Holler if you're willing to part with yours. ???Twould be greatly appreciated!-GBH

Comments

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Man there is an edit on there that I would love to know the original to.

It goes "there is a party... going on... there is a party... going on... there is a party..." and so on.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Man there is an edit on there that I would love to know the original to.

It goes "there is a party... going on... there is a party... going on... there is a party..." and so on.

If I know Theo Parrish, at around the seven minute mark, he throws in a bit more of the phrase. Genius!

• let me know if you want me to rip "the love i lost" from volume 2. Cant find my volume 9

let me know if you want me to rip "the love i lost" from volume 2. Cant find my volume 9

I actually have the mp3s, but I'm sans Serato, so they don't do me a damn bit of good. Thanks for the offer, though. On that note, though, need the mp3s for #9? If so, hit me on the PM. I think I have all 10 Ugly Edits. Not sure of the bitrate, though.

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    Poast em up!

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

This is actually from #8 but this is the one I was talking about, would love to know the original.

This is actually from #8 but this is the one I was talking about, would love to know the original.

Yeah, that one's quite the mystery. For a minute I though you meant the flip, which is Willie Hutch - Slick from The Mack OST.

Anyway, here's Ugly Edits 1-5 and Ugly Edits 6-10.

• cardovacardova 743 Posts
    Johnny, the track is by GQ (of Disco Nights fame), from one of their albums. I forget the name. I recall the full song is no good, at least I didn't keep the album when I had it.

wait, now i might have 10 & 8 confused... i'll be back.

wait, now i might have 10 & 8 confused... i'll be back.

Yeah, that's #10.

Actually, both are by GQ: the one Johnny posted is "Lies" and #10 is "Is It Cool".

Johnny's track is from #7 though, which is #8 in the UK Ugly Edit series. It's confusing I know. I have no idea why the two series (US & UK) have the numbers mixed up.

No shit? How about that.