Revs (& Cost) question...

dreskieboogiedreskieboogie 951 Posts
edited May 2008 in Strut Central
I was just reading about Revs of Revs & Cost fame on wikipedia and it said he did a punk album in 1993 called "REVS - JUST STAY AWAY".http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RevsWikipedia says:"It stands as a chronicle of one of the better (yet, still severely unknown) punk rock artists to come out of America."Google reveals it as a release on Brooklyn Towne Records.Is it any good?Thanks in advance.Peace,Dress

Comments

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    i was on the subway last week and there was a REVS scratch tag right on the seat in front of me... those dudes were so relentless...

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    i never heard of the record. and yeah, fusk a scratch tag when you can see/read most all his life story jawns if you go in the R tunnels.

• Yeah, he did something like 200 pages in the tunnels, right?

Anybody heard the record?

Peace,

Dress

• Do those dudes still get down..bombing wise?

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    Yoooooooooooooo Killin Rough Time

• I read in an article I found on the net that Revs do mostly metal sculptures for the skreets nowadays.

I dont think Cost has done anything since he got busted many years ago.

Peace,

Dress

the extent of cost's work was just flyers, hands, and rollers. revs still gets down with his metalworks though.

you should def peep the tunnels if you know what you're doing, or know someone, or just go to riverside. if you don't know anyone, my tour guide rate is a meal & three alcoholic beverages.

• Did Cost also come out of the 80s trainscene like Revlon aka Revs?

Peace,

Dress

yeah but not really cause back then that [trains] was the only thing poppin. cost & revs really wrecked shop in the early 90's with those rollers and thousands of flyers, and that's what they've made their mark with.

• DIGGADIGGADIGGADIGGA 456 Posts
    i think theres was a video graff with them,dont remember which number

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    theres an On The Go[/b] with them

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    i think theres was a video graff with them,dont remember which number

#6 - it's the only one I owned. I dumped all my vhs tapes years ago without converting.

• Didn't they have an 800 number back in the day you could call or am I just imagining that?

I wish I still had my full set of Video Graff vhs tapes...I ebay'd them several years ago, though. Oh well.

Cosmo, are you talking about Eyeshocker Express or whatever the On The Go graff video was called(or am I confusing that with another video)? I remember having it,but I don't remember too much about it.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    On The Go #1 was Eyeshocker Express. #2 was Repeat Offender. Cost and Revs were in one of those, at the end, but I forget which one.

i think i might still have that one digitized, where they show that closet full of thousands of stickers. i'll have to look through this shoebox of cd-r's for it tonight.

and yeah, cashless...you should have NEVER dumped anything. digitize, put the vhs back in the stash, and keep it moving.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    i think i might still have that one digitized, where they show that closet full of thousands of stickers. i'll have to look through this shoebox of cd-r's for it tonight.

and yeah, cashless...you should have NEVER dumped anything. digitize, put the vhs back in the stash, and keep it moving.

Yeah, the closet with thousands of stickers and mops, ink, etc... This was way before my digitize game was on point.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I would pay loot to get good digital copies of OTG 1 and 2.

On The Go #1 was Eyeshocker Express. #2 was Repeat Offender. Cost and Revs were in one of those, at the end, but I forget which one.

cosmo, no one believes me [besides the you know who's] that there was a whole OTG series. they think there was just Repeat Offender and that's it.

also, Repeat Offender got heavy play around my way cause my friend Kyle was in it.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Kyle SMK?

And yeah, there were 3 officially. The last one was Street Soldiers.

yezzur! Skratch Master Kyle. that's crew right thur.

also, i got Repeat Offender broken down in zshare links at home. ho-llar!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Word? Is that the one with me bombing in it or is that the one with my digging in the crates movie at the end? I can't remember.

the one with you digging in the end. i remember being hype off that cause i was like "yoooo, i got that donald byrd too!" bahahahahahaha! '97 or '98 was when i first actually watched all 3.

• I was just reading about Revs of Revs & Cost fame on wikipedia and it said he did a punk album in 1993 called "REVS - JUST STAY AWAY".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revs

Wikipedia says:

"It stands as a chronicle of one of the better (yet, still severely unknown) punk rock artists to come out of America."

Google reveals it as a release on Brooklyn Towne Records.

Is it any good?

Thanks in advance.

Peace,

Dress

I have the record and I can look at burning it for everyone. I actually have doubles! haha. It is a DIY punk record. Pretty solid and is pretty good, although I don't know punk.

And yes they had an 800 number... I called it once and got a call back at 3 in the morning from Revs. It was when I just got my own number and I am pretty sure it was a collect call. I was bugging. It was pretty funny.

• they didnt get much dap till the 90's...
    & dre were you the one lookin to hook up with bombing LA video?
    if so hit me, my boy wisk can plug you in, he worked on that project & is working on the History Of LA Graf Vol2 book right now thats sick as was Vol.1

holla

What is the deal with the Bombing LA? I don't remember anything about this.

I'm really looking forward to Volume 2.

i knew i had one of em somewhere...

Cosmo, "2 dollars" [backpackers head nod of approval]