Ever Buy Records From A Professional Wrestler?

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited April 2008 in Strut Central
I did today....he even gave me an autographed photo!!

Comments

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    Not to hijack, but how is that Gene Watson LP?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Not to hijack, but how is that Gene Watson LP?

Surprisingly lame......first time I found it I was very disappointed....no edge or soul to it.....if you're interested here's a link to a review I did of my favorite private press Country LP with some sound clips.

http://waxidermy.com/2007/11/01/richard-gibbs-no-use-to-grieve-malinda-101/

Ah, okay...Gene Watson actually went on to become famous on major labels, and a lot of country purists love him for being a honky-tonk holdout who was traditional when everybody else was trying to be Kenny Rogers. So I've always been curious about his private-press debut.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Ah, okay...Gene Watson actually went on to become famous on major labels, and a lot of country purists love him for being a honky-tonk holdout who was traditional when everybody else was trying to be Kenny Rogers. So I've always been curious about his private-press debut.

He also had a couple of earlier rockabillyish 45's worth hearing.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,087 Posts
    Captain Lou Albano is really into those NBRQ raers and Rob Van Dam likes a little Junior Walker once in a while. That's all I got.

Captain Lou Albano is really into those NRBQ[/b] raers

He was their manager until Cyndi Lauper took off, and then Capt. Lou focused all his attention on Cyndi and let the Q slide, from what I've read.