Genuinely interested

DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,917 Posts
edited April 2008 in Strut Central
to hear what the Americans think of this. I think Dizzee is nice by UK standards anyway, but I honestly think he kills this. Your mileage may vary. Extra credit will be given for sparing use of the graemlin.

Comments

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    he's pretty dope, I always liked at least some of his stuff. when I was over there a few years ago him and Wiley were the only ones really getting any play, oh yeah The Streets too, hahaha. ugh. Not sure how it is now.

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    i'm not big on him at all, nor the genre. but i still respect the moves they make.

i hung out with [apparently] some big grime artists once at a club in london. i couldn't tell you who they were, i think i have some pictures some where. everyone was just making a big deal that they were there hangin out. they kept asking me about Fat Pat songs, and how they heard about HAWK's death [earlier that week]. i think that was a fun night. mad drinks were flowin.

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    that sounded cool, but I don't speak British, so I don't know what he was saying.

naw, it was cool. He sounded pretty good. It was kind of strange that they had him sitting down. looked like he was on the toilet at times.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    if i close me eyes it sounds like ali g. booyacashot!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    i'm not big on him at all, nor the genre. but i still respect the moves they make.

i hung out with [apparently] some big grime artists once at a club in london. i couldn't tell you who they were, i think i have some pictures some where. everyone was just making a big deal that they were there hangin out. they kept asking me about Fat Pat songs, and how they heard about HAWK's death [earlier that week]. i think that was a fun night. mad drinks were flowin.

A friend and I interviewed Dizzee for a local mag a few years back when he was on Damage Control. He basically said that his main two centers (centres?) of influential music were Memphis' and Houston's rap scene.

ha, wow...maybe that explains why these dudes were asking me about all this houston rap. i'm not even from houston [been there plenty of time though] but i feel i have an okay knowledge of a lot the older rap so i was glad to answer questions and suggest different songs/albums to look out for. they were really good dudes.

btw, cashless = m*tt???

ha, wow...maybe that explains why these dudes were asking me about all this houston rap. i'm not even from houston [been there plenty of time though] but i feel i have an okay knowledge of a lot the older rap so i was glad to answer questions and suggest different songs/albums to look out for. they were really good dudes.

btw, cashless = m*tt???

Nah, M**t's the homie though.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Yeah, that sounded pretty good. I loooved Dizzee's first album when it came out...thought the second one was pretty good too. But I haven't checked for him since then.

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    i have that new joint he has with ugk. not really feeling dude, though i've only heard that one song. at work so the stuff above is blocked....

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    I like that Pussy Hole song. That was awesome.

I like that Pussy Hole

i couldn't agree more.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    that shit is wack

A friend and I interviewed Dizzee for a local mag a few years back when he was on Damage Control. He basically said that his main two centers (centres?) of influential music were Memphis' and Houston's rap scene.

A VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY condensed version of that interview.

http://www.haterhouston.com/may_archive/dizzee.htm

• hot