WHATS GOOD IN NY THIS WEEKEND

rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
edited April 2008 in Strut Central
NY Strutters please to bless me with ideas on arts and culture and music happening in the Big Apple this weekend.

Comments

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Why, will you be here? (hides)

• http://www.soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/show...e=0#Post1092335

Peace,

Dress

P.S. Maybe this could be fun too:

Sunday: April 27, 2008

BLACKKAT MAYDAY 2008 - PARK JAM (NYC)
    DJ GrandMaster Caz & more!
    2-6pm. FREE! Blackkat MayDay 10th Annual Park Jam feat. DJs Grandmaster Caz, Lenny Dee, Hungry March Band, Jason BK, Chrome, The Eye. Rain or Shine. All ages! Tompkins Sq. Park at 7th St. and Ave. A, NYC. L to 1st Ave or F to 2nd Ave. Source Jason BK. blackkat.org for more info. (Props to Jason for keeping it going - in a downtown park no less! That's hard!!!)

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    I will be there for the weekend (Fri-Sat-Sun nights). I will be tied up most of the time (pause?) but may have free time Fri or Sun nights if anything is jumping off. Staying off Prospect prolly in BK. Just wondering if anything of note is occurring.

thanks; I maybe shoulda checked the announcements forum first.

The Eastern Striped Chad, native to regions of Connecticut, New Jersey, New York, Delaware, Massachusetts and Pennsylvania (humanus regularus douchus) is known to frequent a watering hole on the west side of Manhattan Island known locally as "The Meatpacking District".

for real what is the weather out there right now? web says it's like here basically: 50's at night, 70's during the day with chance of rain. that about right? and yo, where is Good Records; what neighborhood is that?

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    I will be there for the weekend (Fri-Sat-Sun nights). I will be tied up most of the time (pause?) but may have free time Fri or Sun nights if anything is jumping off. Staying off Prospect prolly in BK. Just wondering if anything of note is occurring.

some Texas ex-pats will be in the building on Saturday right near Prospect Park.

Strutter Tigerblurp will be playing some good tunes for sure.

SATURDAY | 26 APRIL 2008
    @ Soda Bar
    629 Vanderbilt Ave.
    Brooklyn, NY 11238

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    If you're staying on the Park Slope side of Prospect Park, I live there and can give you the low on neighborhood bars and restaurants.

I'm all booked for the weekend, got some hot tickets:

"The Meatpacking District".

only thing i know of this area is from Pacino's "Cruising." what goes on there? and doggie I see you with your bandana: yellow, folded, left front pocket.

MPD = Marina

Good Records NYC is in the East Village, on 3rd Street.