Pete Rock beat making contest

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    "The person who Pete Rock think submits the best beat will get a chance to get production tips directly from Pete Rock"

Tip 1: "You should use an SP"

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    whoever wrote that thing up needs an editor and wow at that grand prize

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    whoever wrote that thing up needs an editor and wow at that grand prize
    Pretty shitty ... What caught my eye on this is what does he want with the winner's beat? Is he using for one of his remixes or is he looking to promote other talents?

• "The person who Pete Rock think submits the best beat will get a chance to get production tips directly from Pete Rock"

Tip 2: "You gotta have flavour and try to be original"

• Tip 1: "You should use an SP"

I thought Pete had switched to an MPC these days...?

I thought Pete had switched to an MPC these days...?
    Yeah he's using an MPC 2000xl ... there was alot of bitching by peeps on MPC-Forums saying he's a sell-out for switching to 16 bit which is absolutely idiootic because that cat can pretty much use anything and make it work.
    Like they say it's not the machine but the man behind it.

It's kind of funny though because if you win the contest chances are you don't even need his advice so it's kind of pointless in that aspect.Although it would be cool to meet him.

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    Tip 2: "You gotta have flavoSTRIKE>u/STRIKE>r and try to be original"

and OST, yeah i knew he was on the 2000xl as of recent, but that was the first thing that came to mind, ha.

also this goes hand & hand with winning that tip [pause] and not really needing it, but why in the f*ck out of all the gear to be won, would they give away those turntables? this contest just screams last minute-whatevers.

Tip 3: "You're the man now dawg"

Is it me or is that jacket he's wearing kind of thriller-ish ?

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Don't think this is gonna help boost sales for that offensively mediocre album, Pete.

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    wow at that grand prize
    wow, indeed. whats the point in entering then?

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    have you guys seen the PR guitar center mailer? some catalogue/sale junk mail but it has a picture of him and a little blurb. arrived yesterday and I did a doubletake.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    I'm working on a beat right this second to enter & win.

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    have you guys seen the PR guitar center mailer? some catalogue/sale junk mail but it has a picture of him and a little blurb. arrived yesterday and I did a doubletake.

got this just now in the mail...

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    you probably get a call from some intern like "yo, this is pete rock with your advice"