LA/Socal Folks- Week of May 30- B.Cause Gigs?

peacefulrotationpeacefulrotation 3,481 Posts
edited April 2008 in Strut Central
What's up folls, I'm gonna be DJing @ The Getty for "Fridays Off The 405" on May 30th...it's a free event- Would be great to see some LA heads in the house. Anyways, I'm trying to decide whether to head back to the bay the day after to do a gig at the Elbo Room here in SF or try and stay in LA, etc and pick up a few extra gigs down there. If anybody is interested in having me guest DJ give me a holler, I'm quite reasonable/flexible and would like to hit up some new spots. I could come earlier in the week as well, and could stay through the end of the weekend. Thanks in advance!btw, the slot on Friday is early so I could potentially DJ later that evening as well.

Comments

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    awesome dude! that is something to be proud of. there are sooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooo many hot chicks at the getty on these event type things. plus it just looks fancy and they usually have the dj's outside on their giant patio thingie where you can see the sunset and stuffs.

• cool, good to hear! Do they get down to thee midnighters?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Josh,

This doesn't quite answer your query but FYI: Darondo is playing in O.C. that Saturday night.

Otherwise, you think about hollerin' at Miles for a Funky Sole cameo?

• Word, that's good to know...missed the show up here.
    Yeah I've only met Miles once, that was years and years ago.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    oh sure NOW you come to LA...dangit

• oh sure NOW you come to LA...dangit

What, you moved eh?

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    I'm back in Nuevo Mexico, so that means you need to come do a gig at the Explora Museum here, haha

I can check with my partner about having you shoot through on Thursday, the 29th, if you want to spin with me at Boogaloo[L.A.]. It'd mean getting in town a day early though.

• This doesn't quite answer your query but FYI: Darondo is playing in O.C. that Saturday night.

Details plaese?

May, 31 2008 at DARONDO w/ NINO MOSCHELLA @ DETROIT BAR
    843 W. 19th Street, Costa Mesa, California 92627
    Cost : $10

• I'm back in Nuevo Mexico, so that means you need to come do a gig at the Explora Museum here, haha

sounds good, can you make it happen?

Oliver, I'd be keen to do the Thursday...although Latin is not my strong suit- boogaloo in particular.
    My gold label fania game is soft.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    Sounds good. I plan on going to the New Beverly Theater that day. What's the event?

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    May, 31 2008 at DARONDO w/ NINO MOSCHELLA @ DETROIT BAR
    843 W. 19th Street, Costa Mesa, California 92627
    Cost : $10

Wow, this place has come a long way.

• It's called "fridays Off The 405" ...from 6-9pm. I'm playing the first hour, then an old artist friend of mine Dirty Finger from NY/SF/Portland is DJing.