AL WILSON - R.I.P.

pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
edited April 2008 in Strut Central
And we were just discussing him over in the Bell Records thread, too...here is the lowdown courtesy AOL News:'Show and Tell' Singer Al Wilson DiesReutersPosted: 2008-04-22 12:11:58Filed Under: Star Obituaries, Music NewsLOS ANGELES (April 22) - Soul singer Al Wilson died Monday, local media reported. The soul crooner shot to the top of the Billboard charts with his 1974 hit "Show and Tell," which spent a week atop the singles chart.Wilson succumbed to kidney failure in a hospital in Fontana, a city about 50 miles east of Los Angeles, said the Inland Valley Daily Bulletin. He was 68.The Mississippi native issued his first single "The Snake," in 1968. "Show and Tell" spent one week at No. 1 on the Billboard Hit 100 singles chart in January 1974. The romantic ballad was written and produced by prolific songwriter Jerry Fuller, and first recorded by Johnny Mathis.

Comments

• And we were just discussing him over in the Bell Records thread, too...here is the lowdown courtesy AOL News:

'Show and Tell' Singer Al Wilson Dies
    Reuters
    Posted: 2008-04-22 12:11:58
    Filed Under: Star Obituaries, Music News
    LOS ANGELES (April 22) - Soul singer Al Wilson died Monday, local media reported. The soul crooner shot to the top of the Billboard charts with his 1974 hit "Show and Tell," which spent a week atop the singles chart.

Wilson succumbed to kidney failure in a hospital in Fontana, a city about 50 miles east of Los Angeles, said the Inland Valley Daily Bulletin. He was 68.

The Mississippi native issued his first single "The Snake," in 1968. "Show and Tell" spent one week at No. 1 on the Billboard Hit 100 singles chart in January 1974. The romantic ballad was written and produced by prolific songwriter Jerry Fuller, and first recorded by Johnny Mathis.

RIP

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    RIP

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    RIP

• Always been a fan. His "Searching For Dolphins" LP has always been great to me. R.I.P.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    RIP, "The Snake" is a stone classic, I get people requesting that song at gigs & it is their favorite soul song, blew me away the first time someone asked for it at a rock gig!

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Touch and Go
    Show and Tell

two peas in a pod and
    two of the very best mellow quiet storm jams ever

RIP

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

RIP

Great Warm Soul Voice. So even toned.