Gangstarr / Miles Davis "Doo Bop Song" question

Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
edited April 2008 in Strut Central
Anybody know if the sample used on Miles' "Doo Bop Song" was taken from Gangstarr's "DJ Premier In Deep Concentration" or were they both taken from some cover version of Kool & The Gang's "Summer Madness"? Somebody wants this information and I really don't know... since I am the Soulman people think I'm supposed to know this stuff, and I don't want to disappoint them

Comments

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    since I am the Soulman people think I'm supposed to know this stuff, and I don't want to disappoint them

I dont have your answer but this was great - LOL

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    the Mystic Soulman summons all samples via his deep concentration tasty cake.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    the Mystic Soulman summons all samples via his deep concentration tasty cake.

• HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts
    Easy Mo Bee sampled directly from Gangstarr !!!!!

Here is the prove:

Premier was not sampling a cover version of Summer Madness, he sampled the original E-Piano from the original K&TG version.

Listen closely and compare. Its just pitched a little bit.

The second prove is that the Piano which makes "Deep Concentration" so unique is starting the song WITHOUT the Summer Madness E-Piano underneath.

This means that Premier or 45 King put the Piano loop, which is not known till this day, on top of the K&TG Summer Madness loop.

Which means that the only source where Easy Mo Bee could get both instruments together is from Gangstarr. Because Piano loop and E-Piano loop never appeared togther on any medium before "Deep Concentration.

By the way, I asked Premier about the source of the Piano, but he never revealed it.

This is his "Nas is Like" of the 80s.

Peace
    Hawkeye