Happy Jazz Show - April 2008 - show 2

magsonjazzmagsonjazz 134 Posts
edited April 2008 in Announcements
Hi and welcome to the 2nd Happy Jazz show for April 2008. This month, we welcome an extremely interesting guest mix from a man that has immersed himself into his love of music for a very long time indeed. It is our great pleasure to include a mix from Gian Amat, otherwise known as WeeGee or Sir Slim, depending on what music forums you belong to. Anyway, if you do know him then you will know that you are in for a musical treat. I have known Gian since The Cutting Edge days and also from his successful nights at Jazzin' at Vic Naylor's (to name one of many) and he brings his wealth of knowledge and passion for the 2nd hour of this show. I hope you enjoy it as much as we have. Adrian has taken a back seat this month and so Mark sets the ball rolling in the first hour with some McCoy Tyner, features two tracks from Kira Neris and jumps in and out between some new sounds from Jazzanova to more great Brazilian classics from Claudia and Erasmos Carlos. Limited downloads as always - click the link at the playlists. Want to thank all that turned out on Sunday April 20th at Shiftless Shuffle - had a great time as always and big thanks to Perry & Co for having me. We are both looking forward to hooking up with all those attending the S.O.U.L. Weekender in Gijon in May - big shout to Herminio Afonso. See flyer below for details. Enjoy!! Adrian and Mark Happy Jazz Show Show A with Mark TaylorHappy Jazz Show - Part A [/b]McCoy Tyner : Love Surrounds Us EverywhereMichael White : You Are My HeartbreakKira Neris : Un Ete Sans FinJazzanova : Theme From Belle et Fou (Danny Krivit edit)Trizonna McClendon : TrizonnaQuasimode : Object In the MirrorClaudia : Feitinha Pro PoetaErasmos Carlos : 26 Anos de Vida NormalJuga Filo : Olhos De SelvaThe Ipanemas : Um Novo Amor ChegouKira Neris : Chance & WillisVincent : JazzclubBlack Gold Massive : Sometimes It Snows In AprilShow B Adrian Leach with special guest mix (Weegee)Happy Jazz Show - Part B [/b]Mankuku Quartet : Yakhal??? Inkomo-- Start of Guest Mix --Herbie Mann : Morning After CarnivalEddie Bonnemere : Ankle BellsJames Thomas : Master Chef Beat # 4Ladytron : He Took Her to a Movie (Bertrand Mix )Claude Nougaro : Le Jazz et la JavaHank Levine : Portrait of a BlondeMarcia Aitken & Trinity : My Man ??? Blouse & SkirtRory More : PenhaJudd Solo & The Italiano Quartetto : TequilaMiranda Martino : Dollar TwistJo Moutet : La Samba FantastiqueThe Accord Man : Accordian in Dub #19ΝΟΣΤΑΛΓΙΣΑ ΤΟ ΣΠΙΤ? ΜΟΥ ??? ΑΝΔΡΕΑ ΤΟΥΜΑΖΗSanti Latora : Tema Di Oscar The Happy Jazz show now broadcasts from the following sites...www.danceandsoul.comwww.mondomm.com (ON DEMAND)http://www.happyjazz.ipodyourmondo.c...eHappyJazz.php (ON DEMAND/ PODCASTS PLUS ARCHIVES).www.radiopellenera.com (Every Wednesday 22:00 - 00:00 CET and ON DEMAND).www.ducktape.ca (RADIO PAGE PLUS ARCHIVES)www.radio42.com (Every 2nd Sunday - 19:00 - 21:00 CET).www.pulseradio.netguest mixes archived at...www.waxingdeep.orgwww.cosmicsounds-london.comwww.danceandsoul.comwww.MYSPACE.COM/HAPPYJAZZSHOWFor any info, promo material, bookings, etc, please mail at [email]happyjazz@hotmail.co.uk[/email]Our respect and thanks as always go out to...Kaye and Dean - www.Danceandsoul.comDino & Sy Warwick - www.ducktape.caFabrizio - www.radiopellenera.comDonald K - www.mondomedusah.com & ipodyourmondo.comBernd - www.radio42.comDan Zacks - www.waxingdeep.orgSimon & Geoff - www.pulseradio.net