Who remembers this? De La Related

cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
edited April 2008 in Strut Central
I picked up a copy of this De La Soul-Rarities and Remixes today...and I don't really remember ever seeing it around.It seems like it's a bootleg of their rare stuff: Double Huey Skit, Stix and Stones,etc etc.Looks like who ever put it out just bit the "De La Soul is Dead" double promo only lp cover.The date on the back cover is 1991, but lot's of the material on it came years after.Who remembers this?

Comments

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    the artwork looks fairly legit, as in it's not totally blurry and corny looking, but the 1991 date does not match with a lot of that stuff on there. It must be a bootleg. I've never seen it before.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    the artwork looks fairly legit, as in it's not totally blurry and corny looking, but the 1991 date does not match with a lot of that stuff on there.

I know right, that's the part that kinda threw me.

• bobbydeebobbydee 849 Posts
    I picked up a copy of this from "new arrivals" that I left with a guy who I used to DJ with. Would have been 2 years ago I guess? It was out on CD too so perhaps someone just got lazy with the artwork.

• cardovacardova 743 Posts
    For what it's worth, Discogs says UK, 1996.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    For what it's worth, Discogs says UK, 1996.

I looked on Discogs, but must have missed it, that list was pretty thick.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    I remember this. It was a UK press and I'm about 99% sure there was more than 1 volume.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    I remember this. It was a UK press and I'm about 99% sure there was more than 1 volume.

yeah, weren't they different colors with the same graphics?

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    john mccain prolly remembers it because he is rill old.

• DawhudDawhud 213 Posts
    That's got to be a boot, 1/2 that ish is from the "Stakes is High" period.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    This is a boot.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

yeah, weren't they different colors with the same graphics?

Yup.