Options

Berkeley Headz

edited April 2008 in Strut Central
Where do you go to buy cardboard record mailers in Berkeley?Amoeba said 2.99 for a small and 4.99 for the larger ones.Is there a place to get the hook-up at? thanks in advance for the real tips SoulStrut!

Comments

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    You have them mailed to you.

brasspack.com

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    You have them mailed to you.

brasspack.com

Woah, that's pretty cheap. How's the quality?

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    $4.99 for a mailer???

That's Frickin' highway robbery man.

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    that is highway robbery. That store is hanging on by a thread. Shit like that won't help.

That store is hanging on by a thread.

Is this true? You'd know better than me, but the whole Telegraph area is pretty much dead it seems.

• Options
    ya 4.99 is highway robberbie. i just pulled into a cafe on telegraph for a breather and online checkin before I badger the crabs. I figure I will try to ask the old heads where the local cache of LP mailers is. before I ask em if they will sell me one. maybe use the, "dude down then way said cheaper" line

yes ordering them is cheap but I only need a few and I need em now, and I would cut em outta some local recycled ish but my left arm had surgery on it thursday and has not rejuvenated yet. I be the the young crab with one big arm against the older, scared and tattered crustacedans.

as for berkel berkel being dead....maybe...

but the beat couples were out in heat last monday....shit like "ya my holmes already came thru this stash this morning" ect. being said.

these dudes just like make dates to dig together...holding each other hands and flipping records for each other...

im off.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I don't know what you dudes are looking at:

100@ 38cents a piece ain't bad

• Options
    4 sure....well the question goes unanswered...STILL!

I asked at both spots and they both denied any knowledge at all!

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    If you are looking for bulk, U-LINE Has always been pretty good!

Cardboard Mailers

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    That store is hanging on by a thread.

Is this true? You'd know better than me, but the whole Telegraph area is pretty much dead it seems.

I can't say definitively, but I think the store has been breaking even for a couple years now. That whole street kind of died and with Cody's across the street closing it actually killed a portion of foot traffic. The last few times I've been there it kind of seemed like they weren't trying anymore. Rap records were filed in the misc. letter sections of Rock and there generally aren't any good records to be had. I'm sure the store still makes money, but I am pretty sure it's breaking even and nowhere near the good old days.

College students don't buy much music these days, so all that foot traffic isn't really leading to sales.