Buying sports tickets online

Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
edited April 2008 in Strut Central
Anyone ever do this? I'm looking for Yankees vs Mariners tickets for 5/25, game is sold out and the mark-up on stubhub is too high. I've been looking for tickets on craigslist but most lead to shady-looking ticket sites. Should I wait until the beginning of May to see if more tickets pop up? A person is offering nice tickets but wants money through paypal or a money order, is this cool? Please share tips and stories.

Comments

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    I copped Warrior's tickets once for real cheap on Stubhub. But the location for collecting the tickets was in the basement of a hotel on the other side of a freeway underpass from the colliseum. It was sorta inconvenient.

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    Anyone ever do this? I'm looking for Yankees vs Mariners tickets for 5/25, game is sold out and the mark-up on stubhub is too high. I've been looking for tickets on craigslist but most lead to shady-looking ticket sites. Should I wait until the beginning of May to see if more tickets pop up? A person is offering nice tickets but wants money through paypal or a money order, is this cool? Please share tips and stories.

i dont use Stubhub but i know for a fact that outside of Yankee Stadium there is a Stubhub kiosk. i dont know if thats just a pick up for online purchases or if you can actually purchase tickets from there on the day of the game.

is the series with the Mariners really that big??

i got A ticket to that series as part of my package deal but i was like hmmm

• pknypkny 549 Posts
    i dont use Stubhub but i know for a fact that outside of Yankee Stadium there is a Stubhub kiosk. i dont know if thats just a pick up for online purchases or if you can actually purchase tickets from there on the day of the game.

Odds are it's just a pickup spot for people who already ordered tickets. I've never used Stubhub for games at Yankee Stadium, but I saw them play in Baltimore last year, and I had to go to a place a few blocks away from Camden Yards to pick up the tickets.

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts

is the series with the Mariners really that big??

Ichiro is a big draw with the Japanese crowd.

My gripe with stubhub is the mark-up on Yankees tickets, I don't want to pay $90 for $60 seats.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I bought "e-tickets" to a NY Rangers game last fall on eBay.

Dude e-mailed me the tickets (pdf) and I printed them out,
    and they had a barcode that was scanned at the gate.

Very simple and I got the tix buy it now under face value.

Do NOT buy tix on Craig's List, and if you do buy from eBay,
    obviously, only buy from someone with decent feedback.

StubHub can be OK if you get lucky - sometimes tix will pop
    up at the 11th hour for an amazing price, like I almost got
    a pair of face value $150 Bruins tix for $40 the day of a game,
    but by the time I clicked to buy them, they were gone. Otherwise,
    StubHub can be pretty expensive, and if you have to pick up the tix
    at their kisk, they charge a "convenience fee" on top, which is
    funny because it wuld be much more "convenient" if they just used
    e-tickets like you can get from people on eBay, for free.