Guilty musical pleasures...

waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
edited April 2008 in Strut Central
This is good.

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    my co-worker gave me a copy of Hellen Reddy's I AM WOMAN as a joke....

It wasnt that bad.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    AM GOLD

• SelinaKyle83SelinaKyle83 1,042 Posts

SAMMY DAVIS JR- ALICE&WONDERLAND THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS

hahahahahahhahaha...

• all ths shit i grew up listening to in the car with my parents but now realise isn't very good:

PAUL SIMON - "graceland"
    BOWIE - labyrinth ost
    DOOBIE BROTHERS - "what a fool believes"

etc..

all in heavy rotation (sort of) at my palace

KATE BUSH is the same -- except her stuff still sounds Frickin' awesome!

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    MY guilty musical pleasures? Usually half or most of what gets featured in the occasional "AM Gold" threads.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

It wasnt that bad.

Sounds like you would enjoy CR8 Radio, over at Cratediggers.com

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts

PAUL SIMON - "graceland"

I RIDE

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts

POROBELLO ROAD- BEDKNOBS&BROOMSTICKS

oh man ive been on a 1960s disney live action kick lately. i mean, no knock to disney cartoons and such, but the live action cartoon/human joints to me are the pinnacle of disney production. i mean, great music, integrating live action with cartoons, the sets, psychedelic design, AND a decent story. man thems the shits! my favorite is prolly a tie between pete's dragon and mary poppins. though i think mary poppins kills it on the song tip. anyone with me? im talking 60s, the 1970s spacecat escape to witch mtn are good but secondary to the 60s joints.

• fredfadesfredfades 584 Posts
    SKEE-LO - I WISH

Oh....and this one!!! Jessica Rabbit....

It wasnt that bad.

Sounds like you would enjoy CR8 Radio, over at Cratediggers.com

Ha.....

heres a real Batmon guilty pleasure....

Has been on constant repeat for the last week!!

Wow!! had never heard that!! The chick at the start was a pink lady in grease2 tho!!

oh yeah- by the way batmon, did you hear that Justice League of America has been canned now?? big news for megan gale who dropped a huge aussie department store campaign for that break out role!!

Wow!! had never heard that!! The chick at the start was a pink lady in grease2 tho!!

oh yeah- by the way batmon, did you hear that Justice League of America has been canned now?? big news for megan gale who dropped a huge aussie department store campaign for that break out role!!

s much as I would have wanted to see her in a Wonder Woman suit, i feel dc should wait until Batman has passed,they re-up Superman, and finally give Wonder Woman he own movie......then try to do a Team movie.

Youve never seen FAME?

Never!! They started playing episode's on one of our cable music channels a couple years back but it never really took my fancy!! i know!!

Never!! They started playing episode's on one of our cable music channels a couple years back but it never really took my fancy!! i know!!

U can disregard the TV show, the Movie is a NYC classic. A performing arts High School that was located in Times Square...or very close to it.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts

I can embarrass myself a lot more than this:

(although I think I can actually make a strong argument for this song's validity)

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

(although I think I can actually make a strong argument for this song's validity)

Fuck that shit. Thats a classic.

Middle school slow dance steez:

I agree. But it's easy to catch knee-jerk hate for Madonna. However, I would suspect that many people on this board will ride for her early material.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Always liked these...

U can disregard the TV show, the Movie is a NYC classic. A performing arts High School that was located in Times Square...or very close to it.

Ben Stiller's Mum's in it?? Yeah- will check it sometime!! Used to work at a video store...when vhs was still in the majority and people had to pay a deposit to hire it....that only happened twice b4 it was theived!!

I agree. But it's easy to catch knee-jerk hate for Madonna. However, I would suspect that many people on this board will ride for her early material.

No idea what you might look like waxjunky but anytime i hear that song i have images of people dancing round with their arms out like an aeroplane and spinning in a rather controlled manner!! You down??hehe!!

Is this blue-eyed soul?

No idea what you might look like waxjunky but anytime i hear that song i have images of people dancing round with their arms out like an aeroplane and spinning in a rather controlled manner!! You down??hehe!!

This feels like a trick question!

Always liked these...

Is this blue-eyed soul?

Yes. Boy George can sing. Separate the videos/image and dude is str8 B.E.Soul/pop.

And what about Julio Iglasius??
    Definately not the coolest humming the tune to 'moonlight lady' in primary school!! But it still holds a special place!!haha!!