um...i think i like that DUFFY girl afterrall

alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
edited April 2008 in Strut Central
in that original thread, i can't remember if it was funkycorners or someone else saying he rec'd a promo copy and if anything the artist reminded him more of a lulu like "to sir with love" lulu. anyhow a couple of weeks ago i got a copy of her 10 track thing and it sounds great. and ya, i do get the lulu vibe. and the tunes on the rest of the album sound nothing like the big track "no mercy". for those that have heard this album or whatever it is, what do you think? i think warwick avenue is a wicked song. beyond the first single i dont see to amy comparisons at all. the album does have a nice old feel.

Comments

• in that original thread, i can't remember if it was funkycorners or someone else saying he rec'd a promo copy and if anything the artist reminded him more of a lulu like "to sir with love" lulu. anyhow a couple of weeks ago i got a copy of her 10 track thing and it sounds great. and ya, i do get the lulu vibe. and the tunes on the rest of the album sound nothing like the big track "no mercy". for those that have heard this album or whatever it is, what do you think? i think warwick avenue is a wicked song. beyond the first single i dont see to amy comparisons at all. the album does have a nice old feel.

Yeah, it was me. I like that 'Warwick Ave' too.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    So if the single "Mercy" sounds like a psuedo-northern throwback, what does the rest of the album sound like??

• So if the single "Mercy" sounds like a psuedo-northern throwback, what does the rest of the album sound like??

Of the five or six track on the promo, 'Mercy' is the only one that sounds like that. There's one other that is vaguely R&B-ish, but the rest is pop.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    So if the single "Mercy" sounds like a psuedo-northern throwback, what does the rest of the album sound like??

Of the five or six track on the promo, 'Mercy' is the only one that sounds like that. There's one other that is vaguely R&B-ish, but the rest is pop.
    That's not was I was hoping for