Weekend Playlists? (RR)

DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
edited April 2008 in Strut Central
Anybody else play out anywhere this weekend? I had a really good time at a local late-night bar, did a 4 hour cross-genre set (a bit Mr Scruff stylee I guess; jack of all, master of none)first song was "Listen Here Goes Funky" by Eddie Harrisalong the way I played some more jazz, that "Music Evolution" track by Buckshot Lefonq (DJ Premier remix) that I heard on a recent SStrut mix, Trinikas "Remember Me" (JAZZMAN!), some oldskool jungle (Congo Natty, Dancing Djedi, DJ Hype "Play The Game" went down well), a really nice '70s instrumental track that seems to be a 15 minute drum break with illfunky basslineraer + organ and bits of guitar, and some up-tempo numbers by The Beat, "Cool For Cats" by Squeeze, Quantic, Beatfanatic etcended with the Specials "Ghost Town" into "Not Fade Away" by Butch Cassidy Soundsystem (best funky 'neu-dub' producer out there imho), and when the lights came on I got to enjoy 10 minutes of Fourtet's finest - his Dining Rooms remix.What's been playing in ster-ree-air-ree-oh?