The Break Up Letters Appreciation Thread

spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
edited April 2008 in Strut Central
I know that Paychecks posted this awhile back, but it is deserving of its own thread.To my ears, this mix is the product of many years of hunting for the greatest soul music ever recorded - every single song on this mix is simply perfect to my ears. I have never heard a mix of any kind where I truly loved every single song. Music just doesn't get better than this to me.I know I said it in person already but seriously, big ups for this mix and for sharing this music with the world. It really means a lot.For those who haven't heard it: http://goodrecordsnyc.com/the-break-up-letters/

Comments

• I know that Paychecks posted this awhile back, but it is deserving of its own thread.

To my ears, this mix is the product of many years of hunting for the greatest soul music ever recorded - every single song on this mix is simply perfect to my ears. I have never heard a mix of any kind where I truly loved every single song. Music just doesn't get better than this to me.

I know I said it in person already but seriously, big ups for this mix and for sharing this music with the world. It really means a lot.

For those who haven't heard it: http://goodrecordsnyc.com/the-break-up-letters/

That Page 3 track is The last track too! I want more info about that one.

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    "Rip Van Winkled on" hahaha

Thanks. Just what I needed in more ways than one.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    DOPE MIX!

anyone got a D/L link?

• sergserg 682 Posts
    fuck that old man and his crusty records

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I've been after The Page Three for a while... always thought of it as a $100~ish record... last copy went for almost 3.

• Gotta bump this, because the Break Up Letters still gets major play in my home, office, and headphones on a regular basis. It's a mix like this that reminds me of why I never think of myself as "digger" or any sort of music expert. Titles like that are reserved for people like J*stin who go out and put together some phenomenal next-level compendium of beautiful shit like this. One of my favorite mixes EVAR.

• I've been after The Page Three for a while... always thought of it as a $100~ish record... last copy went for almost 3.

Other side is fire too...

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    Best mix i've heard in a long time.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    This is the type of music I don't wanna rush through on....sounding really good...

• Thank you for this. So, so good.